Team-BHP - A bit late but nevertheless here goes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   A bit late but nevertheless here goes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/27624-bit-late-but-nevertheless-here-goes.html)

Found this forum by accident thru google [when I found Briskoda at the same time]. Been surfing a lot and found this a very informative site.

Am a gynaecologist, with interest in computers, photography, golf, travel and music. No time for it all though so I tend to go thru passing interests in cycles. While I love cars I dont think I am anywhere near as passionate about them as so many members on this forum.

Rudra [whom I know thru a photo forum], recognized me here and suggested that I post an intro. While I was actively running the photo forum I used to encourage guys to post intros but here it just did not strike me to do so.

I have gone thru the following:

Yezdi 250, Bajaj Chetak - both used
Maruti 800 - 7th owner [can anyone beat that?]
NE118 - used
Maruti Esteem - used
Lancer-used
Santro - my first new car and what a thrill it was to collect it from the showroom
Scorpio - my second new car
Innova - new too
and I just picked up a mint condition Laura AT [12 months old]. Been looking for a second hand Laura since Feb and fially got one last week.

Sold my Innova today and currently have the Lancer and the Laura.

Dream car is a Bimmer [I did not get it wrong - see this: http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/tech-and...a/bimmer.html]
3/5 series. Will do in the next 4-5 years hopefully.

Regards,

Deepak

BTW - this moderation of first 50 posts seems so absurd but then thats just my opinion. Seems a waste of time for the moderators too. Just have an unmoderated forum and ban abusive/misbehaving members].

Welcome to the forum doc. We are sure you will find a lot of info here and will also develop a passion for your cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakvrao (Post 533622)
BTW - this moderation of first 50 posts seems so absurd but then thats just my opinion. Seems a waste of time for the moderators too. Just have an unmoderated forum and ban abusive/misbehaving members].

Ummm... we love to play the class prefects ;)

Seriously speaking yours is a very utopian dream. We will all love to have the scenario where moderation needed is bare minimum or not at all. However the real world is far far removed from this. This clean board will lose quarter of its sheen if the posts started appearing as it is... believe me. :D

Welcome to TBHP. Your interest in cars will grow from here for sure.

Moderation of first 50 posts is an absolute must. Especially when we have a forum of this size.. More in detail doc, when we meet. :)

Welcome Doc, hope you will enjoy your stay here.

I am also new here and I also felt first-50 posts rule is a bit tiresome especially if you are looking for an answer from experts and not debating why your car is the best and others are lousy :-) But I feel it is necessary (maybe it should be first-30), otherwise people have a tendency to write $*#)(@ and offend people - as a large number of threads are just emotional debates :-)

And as an unintended side effect, new members participate more aggressively to cross the first-50 (I did) :-)

Once again, welcome to the forum!

Welcome Doc,

When I was younger I dreamed of being a Gynaec. Then I realised it may not be as much fun as I originally thought it might be.

Of course my reasons were wrong and immature (read:horny). I understand this now. Besides there were a lot of studies involved.

Welcome to TBHP and enjoy!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 533761)
Welcome Doc,

When I was younger I dreamed of being a Gynaec. Then I realised it may not be as much fun as I originally thought it might be.

Of course my reasons were wrong and immature (read:horny). I understand this now. Besides there were a lot of studies involved.

Welcome to TBHP and enjoy!! :D

LOL lol: SAM - lot of us thought alike !! Of course it does get messy at times. Grass is greener on the other side ( Always !! )

Anyways, Doc - Welcome - Lots of bhp - hours ahead - and yes do not mix browsing t-bhp & working alongside. Cheers !!

BTW - how much did a 2nd hand laura cost you ?

Welcome Doc, So one more photographer added to the Team.Cheers..

P.S. No offense doc, I'm just horsing around BUT...

Am I the only one here that sees the irony of a gynaec buying a laura?

Ha ha, OK enough kidding. Now please tell us about your photography gadgets etc.

Welcome Doc, And I was wondering where I had seen that name :D. Nice to see ya here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 534418)
Now please tell us about your photography gadgets etc.

Now, this is a serious area for doc. I bought my 400/5.6 from him last year.
He'll put up his entire armament list for all of us to choke :). Doc, we're waiting!

Welcome Doc ( A newbie welcoming another). I guess the 50 odd post moderating is necessary. We can debate whether it is 50 or 30!!

I found the moderation as a good concept, which can keep the posts neat and interesting to read.

All the posts here are very well written and makes us to keep reading..

welkome doc, enjoy ur stay :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 533761)
When I was younger I dreamed of being a Gynaec.

When I was younger, I did not even know what is a Gynaecologist until after a few days after i got married.

Welcome to Team-BHP doc, I had almost the same machines that you had, here is my list.
  1. Bajaj Super
  2. Yezdi 250 classic
  3. 118 NE (with a toyota diesel)
  4. M-1000
  5. M-Esteem
  6. M-Esteem
The higher cars are missing, hoping to have them here as well.
cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakvrao (Post 533622)
Found this forum by accident thru google [when I found Briskoda at the same time]. Been surfing a lot and found this a very informative site.

Am a gynaecologist, with interest in computers, photography, golf, travel and music. No time for it all though so I tend to go thru passing interests in cycles. While I love cars I dont think I am anywhere near as passionate about them as so many members on this forum.

Accidents to happen,sometimes in rear seats and the some people drive down to see a Gynac .

e_l, well? :P

Welcome to TBHP Doc :)

About moderation... doc, its kind of prevention is better than policy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 534418)

Am I the only one here that sees the irony of a gynaec buying a laura?

lol..........rl:
sam means no offence.he is the official court jester here!
welcome to team bhp!
gynaecology and photography......hmmm food for thought that!
sorry...some of us here just need to grow up.

hop aboard doctor!