Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 23:26   #16
BHPian

welcome to TBHP. enjoy your stay & hope to meet you soon.
Old 22nd August 2007, 09:55   #17
BHPian

Hey vroooom..Welcome to TBHP. Great to have another car enthusiast among us. Where do you go vrooom in Calcutta? I guess except for some stretches on EMBP towards the garia side, the gas pedal is underworked. Even Rajarhat road is in a mess after the rains.
Drive safe. Cheers!
Old 25th August 2007, 00:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
Hey vroooom..Welcome to TBHP. Great to have another car enthusiast among us. Where do you go vrooom in Calcutta? I guess except for some stretches on EMBP towards the garia side, the gas pedal is underworked. Even Rajarhat road is in a mess after the rains.
Drive safe. Cheers!
Thanks for a warm welcome...Roads in Calcutta are a real mess ...specially after the rain. Rajarhat is no more the way it was initially....
Even my favourite stretch in EMBP (starting from Nicco Park to Ruby) is in a real bad condition....so now the only place you can me here a vrooom is in the garage
But Bombay and Delhi road is not far and highways are improving. So everything is not over yet.
Old 25th August 2007, 03:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Dont get too excited! The Radar Guns are also making an appearance. But then I will have a Beltronics Pro RX65 sticking right from my windshield.

Last edited by 1100D : 25th August 2007 at 03:08.
Old 25th August 2007, 03:27   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
Thanks for a warm welcome...Roads in Calcutta are a real mess ...specially after the rain. Rajarhat is no more the way it was initially....
Even my favourite stretch in EMBP (starting from Nicco Park to Ruby) is in a real bad condition....so now the only place you can me here a vrooom is in the garage
But Bombay and Delhi road is not far and highways are improving. So everything is not over yet.
heard that you have converted the parking lot of PWC kolkata into a race track ....
Old 27th August 2007, 10:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Dont get too excited! The Radar Guns are also making an appearance. But then I will have a Beltronics Pro RX65 sticking right from my windshield.
Beltronics Pro RX65 maybe a little too advanced to catch the presence of the medival aged Radar Guns that our lazy cops would be carrying. Instead have a Rs 50 note ready.cheaper and best
Old 27th August 2007, 12:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
heard that you have converted the parking lot of PWC kolkata into a race track ....
Why just PwC parking lot? The whole of Cal is his playground
Old 27th August 2007, 12:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

watch out guys - Speed Guns Spotted at Park Circus 7 Point Intersection (just beside the traffic light control room) & also on AJC Bose Rd Flyover. i have the pic of the thingy in my phone.
Old 27th August 2007, 13:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
watch out guys - Speed Guns Spotted at Park Circus 7 Point Intersection (just beside the traffic light control room) & also on AJC Bose Rd Flyover. i have the pic of the thingy in my phone.
Do they work?
Also, what's the speed limit on AJC flyover (or most roads for that matter)? Never noticed any signs. Can they book someone when no limits are displayed?
Old 27th August 2007, 13:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
AJC Bose Rd Flyover - you must be kidding...what do they expect...drive on that at 60...are you sure they can detect speed above 120.....Its one of the very few place on this part of the world where you can test your car's top speed...I can see the wrinkles on Black Pearl's forehead
Old 27th August 2007, 13:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Do they work?
Also, what's the speed limit on AJC flyover (or most roads for that matter)? Never noticed any signs. Can they book someone when no limits are displayed?
As per the rule book...anywhere if speed is not mentioned..you cant move at a speed more than 40kmph
Old 27th August 2007, 13:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do they work?
no idea buddy!

Speed Limit: woh kya hai? i havent come across any such signs - IIRC EM Bypass has 60 - but no signs.

the thing looks something like the following - i will upload the pic later. "ek patrol car a peeche laga hua tha"

Last edited by planet_rocker : 27th August 2007 at 13:20.
Old 27th August 2007, 13:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Why just PwC parking lot? The whole of Cal is his playground
I dont think I got a warning(or a threatning) for speeding in the PwC parking lot. It was some guy on a black bird who got that ...mine was not detected by his radar
Old 27th August 2007, 22:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
As per the rule book...anywhere if speed is not mentioned..you cant move at a speed more than 40kmph
Yes, in reverse gear.
Old 27th August 2007, 22:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no idea buddy!

Speed Limit: woh kya hai? i havent come across any such signs - IIRC EM Bypass has 60 - but no signs.

the thing looks something like the following - i will upload the pic later. "ek patrol car a peeche laga hua tha"

The cam was sticking to the side of the patrol car, or the patrol car was moving parpendicular to the direction of its wheels?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks