Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 01:37   #1

My First car

Hello Everyone,

I'm 33 and a IT professional in Bangalore.
I joined the team-bhp a few months ago when I started planning for my first car. After months of research, I finally have zeroed in on the Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS. Of course, not everyone may agree with my choice but I liked this car.

Strangely, apart from 7k corporate discount, remote locking and floor mats, the dealer is not offering any freebies. Please someone who has recently bought a Getz in Bangalore give me some ideas what more could I bargain for. OTR is 5.61. Is this the best deal I could expect.

As a first time car buyer, I would appreciate some tips from experienced BHPians for some do's and don't.

Thanks,
RK

Mod's Note: What kind of an Intro post is this? Please try again... member's would love to know more about you as a person, your interests, hobbies and snippets of your life. The floor mats and other freebies that your dealer is offering can not be 'your' Intro.
Old 21st August 2007, 12:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP

Getz sure is a good car for a family as its has enough space compared to its competition. By the way did you check UVA when you were looking for a new car?

mods, please dont scare a newbie

"Mod's Note: What kind of an Intro post is this? Please try again... member's would love to know more about you as a person, your interests, hobbies and snippets of your life. The floor mats and other freebies that your dealer is offering can not be 'your' Intro "
Old 21st August 2007, 12:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Ravi. Please do take time to go through the rules before you start posting. Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
mods, please dont scare a newbie
And JK - Strange comment from a senior member of the forum. I can't understand where this comment came from. The Support team was simply guiding a newbie. Anyways.
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:08   #4

Thanks, JK.

Yes, I did check out the UVA. But after going through the pros and cons of Getz, UVA, Swift and Palio, I decided for Getz 1.3

Best things I liked were:
-The silent engine
-Smooth gear shift
-Soft suspension
-Amazing boot space after you double-fold the rear seats.

Well, keeping in line with rules, I will add more intro

I work in the IT sector and have to work in shifts. I have company transport from door step so I dont really need a car. Its only that I love to go on long drives on weekends, thats why I was looking at a medium seg hatch rather than city car like Santro or Alto.

I'm basically from Mumbai, now working in Bangalore. I have to really hone up my driving skills, since I may not have driven more than 100km including driving school. Today I finalized my Getz order and the dealer told me 2 weeks.

Being my first car, I'm all excited.

Thanks to Team BHP for helping to get so much information under a single roof.

cheers,
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome @Ravi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi7400 View Post
Of course, not everyone may agree with my choice but I liked this car.
It doesn't really matter whether everyone agrees. You like the car and are excited about it. That is what matters.
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:17   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Ravi....I am sure you will enjoy your stay here....I joined recently and am already addicted to it.
I agree with shuvc...it doesn't matter what others say about the car. Every car has pros and cons. But its your car now and you like it. So just have a good time and drive safely.

Last edited by vrooooooom : 22nd August 2007 at 12:18.
Old 5th September 2007, 14:49   #7
BHPian

Hi Ravi - I just made the same decision - got my GLS1.3 this morning and took it for the mandatory temple visit first thing. However car is still with dealer to finish seat covers and no. plates.. Will have full note on that on a separate thread...

Just glad to know my namesake and co-IT professional ALSO from Bangalore and 33 yrs old has taken the same decision about a car.

I have got mine from Trident - Indiranagar

Cheers

Ravi
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks