Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:56   #1
BHPian

Ignition ON..!

hi all.. accept my wishes.

I'am from Mysore, karnataka. A small time businessman. My interaction with TBHP started around two months back when i started to search for a used car for my family. With our limited budget we were thinking of going for some new indica or santro as we had used our M-800 for more than a decade. But i wanted a midsegment and it was a hard time for me persuading my dad to go for a used c-segment car for around same budget.

So my quest for used car started with google.. (ofcourse!) trying to find out a suitable car which would be our benz for next many years. After searching so many sites I was totally disappointed with what i found out. There were no options except ikons, accents and esteems within our budget. Not that these cars are bad.. but its a matter of individual taste and i didnt like these cars. period.

Back to square one, it was time to decide b/w indica or santro or alto.

Then one fine day my cousin from bangalore called me. there was a baleno for sale and he wanted us to come and see it.

I thought, Baleno !! isnt it a flop car from maruti stable?? and it looks so ugly.. out of question. But this time my dad was interested because he believed in maruti. Our M-800 had given us trouble free service for a decade and we could have used it for another decade without any problems!
So we went to bangy.

We saw a silver 2003 baleno with 45000 kms done. Though the car ran great it failed to impress. We came back. But just to keep open an option I started to gather reviews on Baleno. That landed me in TBHP! till then I didnt know there were so many fans for Baleno.. i didnt know some people swear by baleno..

Within few days my cousin called again, again a baleno, BLACK one..!!

we went, we saw, we conquered..

2005 VXI fully loaded, 12500 kms on odo, stock car, neatly maintained with near showroom condition apart from few scratches.. and the price we paid was actually much more than what our budget permitted.. Rs.4,40,000. may be we paid a little more than market value. BUT, YOU KNOW, Black Baleno is the best of the lot and a superb maintained VXI at that price, we didnt want to loose this car which took our heart.

SO here I'am, with my BLACK BALENO, introduce myself to all the members of team BHP. THANK YOU GUYS, for introducing me to Baleno which i would never have had purchased if not because of this forum.
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

a very detailed Intro - welcome to team BHP. enjoy your stay here and congrats on the Black Baleno. if possible post a pic of you car here

take care
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:38   #3
BHPian

Welcome to T-Bhp.. I hope you have a pleasant experience here... This forum will definitely help you even in the future - concerning car maintenance, modifying, etc.
Old 3rd September 2007, 18:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

welcome to Tbhp, have a great stay and congratz on the Baleno
Old 3rd September 2007, 19:26   #5
BHPian

2005 VXI fully loaded, 12500 kms on odo shud be maximum 3.75 lakh anyways u got the good car thats good to hear.
Happy & Troublefree Driving !!! GoodLuck
Old 4th September 2007, 18:02   #6
BHPian

How did you change your mind to petrol? Weren't you looking for a diesel Indica!

Welcome to TBHP buddy.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:30   #7
BHPian

@ferro do you think i could have got a belono at that rate? AFAIK atleast not in bangalore. i checked so many used car sites and none offered one at that price. or even close to it.

@ M_BHP no buddy.. I didnt want a diesel vehicle. IMO the rate difference of petrol and diesel vehicles does not make any sense.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks