Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 08:45   #1

Long Drive fan from Bangalore

Hello friends,

This is my first post (introduction + help on what car)

I am Rajiv from Bangalore. I am 34 an engineer by training, a manager by profession and a philosopher by choice!

I enjoy long drives and have driven extensively in western and Southern India. I used to >1000km on my Yamaha RX 135. Then I migrated to a Indica V2 DLG and now I am planning to buy the Indigo DICOR.

I am looking for help from this group to cement my thought processes.

I was driving an Indica DLG (non turbo) version for the last 23 months. In these 23 months I have covered more than 47000 kilometers on highways and in Bangalore city. This car met with an accident (thankfully nothing happened to anybody) and the insurance is giving me 100% loss claim. I clock at least 1500 km in a month on an average. Hence operating costs are a big factor and I have ruled out all petrol cars. I am also not a big fan of gas powered vehicles.

My wife now wants me to go for a bigger car. Her logic is that we have driven a hatchback and it is time to upgrade to a Sedan. After a through market analysis (visiting websites, visiting dealers, test drives, umpteen discussions with friends) etc I am closing on to the Indigo DICOR. I have to take a call on buying from the following vehicles – Indica DLG Turbo, Indigo DICOR and TDI versions, Swift Diesel, Ford Fiesta and Logan. I plan to use my new car for at least 3 to 4 years.

With this context my reasons to go for the Indigo DICOR for the following:
1. A big car feeling (upgrade to a Sedan from a hatchback; don’t like Swift shape)
2. Value for money (< 6.5 lakh for fully loaded version)
3. Smaller than Fiesta (helpful in bangalore traffic)
4. More leg room than Fiesta but not boxy like Logan
5. Lower maintenance cost than Fiesta

I am told that there could be couple of disadvantages of the Indigo DICOR. The first is the drag in the second gear; this means city driving will be a little difficult. The second is that not all dealers from Tata Motors have received extensive training to service the DICOR platform. This means a delay in service if you get the wrong car from the wrong dealer.

I plan to visit all the 3 dealers in Bangalore and get a competitive quote. I have got the following offers:
1. 15K cash discount
2. 4k corporate discount
3. Std accessories (floor mat, dickey mat, air freshener, mud flaps, God Idol)
4. Extended warranty for 130 months worth around 5k
5. Garware sun film

I am planning the additional accessories:
1. 14" Alloys - Aura
2. I will use my previous Sony Music System
3. Rear spoiler

I know many of the group members have bought a Indigo DICOR? Could you please share your experiences? Do you know anybody who has bought a Indigo DICOR? Can you share their contact details?

I have not yet 100% decided on the Indigo DICOR but say 90%
Your views, opinions and advice will help me take a informed decision. I can be reached at 9343868103

Thanks.
Rajiv

Dr Rajiv S Narvekar
Technology and Innovation Management
SETLabs, Infosys
Old 17th September 2007, 12:09   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Rajiv welcome to TBHP. Going by the fact that you love long drives I guess this is the perfect place to come. Do hang around the meet sections to keep an update on the meets/long drives we have. Hoping to see you soon. Do PM me your contact number.
Old 17th September 2007, 12:39   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Rajeev,

This forum has lots of Dicor fans, more in the guise of Safari drivers though. Just search for Dicor and you'll know.

Kindly go through our announcement section to familiarise yourselves with the forum rules. And have a great time.
Old 14th October 2007, 19:54   #4

New Indica Purchase + Alloys / Rims related

Hi Friends

I bought a new Indica DLG TC on Sep 29 3007 from Prerana Motors, Bangalore. I have a very good relationship / experience with Prerana. Their Sales executive Deepak is very professional.

I got the car for 437255 with 21500 discount + 4 key 8500 model auto cops keyless entry, + teflon coating + standard accessories and 18 + 18 months warranty

I have the following “extras” with me:
  • Set of 5, 14” rims and full wheel caps as I am going to switch to 14” all
If anybody from Bangalore wants the alloys or the rims get in touch with me. I want to sell the alloys and give away the rims free.

Regards
Rajiv 9343 8681 03

Last edited by RajivNarvekar : 14th October 2007 at 20:09. Reason: HTTP text
Old 14th October 2007, 19:55   #5

New Indica Purchase + Alloys / Rims related

editing is tough. I wrote this in word and copy pasted and spent nearly 30 minutes rewriting the stuff.

Last edited by RajivNarvekar : 14th October 2007 at 20:11. Reason: http text
Old 14th October 2007, 20:14   #6

I tried editing, spent 30 minutes and then reposted. It looks like i goofed.

My apologies
Old 14th October 2007, 20:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv welcome to tbhp. I think you should post up your query under the What car section.

The introduction section is for .. you know what ?

Well nice to see another person who loves to do long drives. Hope to see you around.
Old 14th October 2007, 21:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajivNarvekar View Post
If anybody from Bangalore wants the alloys or the rims get in touch with me. I want to sell the alloys and give away the rims free.

Regards
Rajiv 9343 8681 03

Hi Rajiv,
Welcome to TBHP! Post your thread for Alloys in the "India car market" section, and the rims in the "giveaway thread"
Old 14th October 2007, 21:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rajiv, welcome to Team-BHP.

If you look around, you can see that there are separate sections for asking car purchase queries and selling your stuff - 'What Car?' and 'The Market section' respectively.

Please get accustomed to the way things work around here.

Have a pleasant stay and enjoy!
Old 14th October 2007, 21:58   #10
BHPian

looks like you are in luck there is a meet going on a drive to nandhi hills be sure to keep a tab on the meet section.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks