Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2007, 08:41   #1

hello all

Hi,

My name is Mathew Alexander, aged 28. I am a Civil Engineer by profession and have been working in the UAE for the past 6 years. I am basically from Kottayam settled in Kochi. I have been visiting the forum on and off for the past 6 months. I was doing a lot of ground work on arriving at a decision to get an SUV in India, with the budget I had in mind. Finally, I picked up a Safari 3.0l this August’07.

Been to India, last month to check out my new ride, and my schoolmate & very good friend JK Das paid me a visit [who is a Team-BHPian, I came to know that only this time] who prompted me to join the forum. All the same, the good reviews [unbiased], prepared me, as to what to expect from the car [I understand that Safari is a favorite in this forum inspite of its setbacks].

I do own an Accord06, which I drive around in the UAE. Also am thinking about picking up a HONDA MRV, sometime soon and am looking forward to the reviews on the car by the very experienced Team BHPians, in the much more rugged environment that we have in India particularly in the South. I am also looking forward to seeking advice on issues related to the enhancements/ upgrades that are available for the Safari.

Hope I will be able to make some contribution, to the forum.

Thanks and regards,

Mathen.[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
Old 18th October 2007, 10:02   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP, and congratulations on the Safari. Yup, there are a ton of Safari fans / owners in this community. Out of curiousity, why didnt you wait for the 2.2 engine that has just been introduced?

Do also familiarise yourself with the board rules section. See ya around!
Old 20th October 2007, 08:57   #3

safari 3.0 l

Been looking out for this car for a long time. Moreover didn't want to take the huge risk of going in for a product newly inroduced in the market that too by an Indian company. As for the 3.0l I knew as to what to expect from it.

Other, than that in my opinion an SUV [mine is a 2WD], should not be equated in terms of cruising speed, but in terms of hauling capabilities, ground clearance and stability.

Going through the posts I do have a clear understanding on torque, HP etc., but frankly has a 3.0l engine got no advantage over the 2.2l .

all the same, will stick to the board rules.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks