Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 16:57   #1
BHPian

Hello forum

Hello Guys,

I am silent visitor to team BHP and was following almost every post from last 1 week. I think I got addicted to this forum. Never expected that just a group of knowledgeable auto enthusiasts exist in our country. Till recently, my only trusted review site was mouthshut.com. Not anymore.

me: Uday Pratti
My auto ownership record: Hero Honda Passion, Toyota Camry(US)
Looking for my first car in India

I am looking to buy my first car in India. I have experience driving Toyota Camry 2000 model in US and this is going to be my first time trying a manual transmission.

I am from Hyderabad and surely not looking at a sedan keeping in mind problems with parking( my apartment builder did not give me space enough for a sedan to fit in).

I am not able to make up my mind as to which car should be my choice. My budget is 4-5L and my average daily travel may be around 30KM.

I hope my interaction with this group with help me make a informed decision. Already I earned a wealth of knowledge from my casual browsing.
Old 24th January 2008, 19:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi, welcome aboard from abroad. :-)Do take some time to read the rules on how/what to post. Have a great time in T-BHP.You have a wide choice in that budget. Swift, Getz, Wagon R, Spark, Indica.... Take a test drive and choose one with which you are most comfortable.
Old 25th January 2008, 12:31   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, ubsmart. Look within the "What Car" section, the 5 lakh rupee question has been answered several times already.

See you around the forum!
Old 25th January 2008, 17:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Ubsmart. Manuals are more fun to drive on a clear road, and it will only be a matter of time before you are in love with one.

Since you're used to the Toyota, why dont you pick up a used Toyota Corolla for yourself? Should be able to get a good one for about 6-6.5 L if you could stretch your budget a bit.

If you're particularly looking for a new car, look at the New Indigo CS. You might find that as excellent VFM, although refinement levels will be way off from what you're used to in Toyota.
Old 25th January 2008, 21:44   #5
BHPian

Thank you all. I am going through this forum for the past week and I can see from the posts that Palio is one of the most recommended cars.

Lalvaz- Yes, Indigo CS seems to be more VFM. My date with the new car is set for mid of march. So, I have some time to wait and do lots of TDs
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks