Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 10:28   #1

Hello, I'm trying to get into some racing

I moved here to Bangalore from the US, where I was doing some track days and road course training in my Honda CRX with a B18C engine. I see that I am right imbetween two big Indian tracks here in Bangalore. What kind of training or racing is available?
Old 28th January 2008, 14:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hello, and welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC yo
What kind of training or racing is available?
Very little of the formal kind. Though you could sign up for one of the occasional track days we have.

Another option would be to plonk a rollcage into your car and hit the track for one of the INTCC races.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:32   #3

Well I would think that any kind of racing would require a roll cage obviously, that is what I'm trying to get into. Where can I find out more about the available racing series?
Old 28th January 2008, 16:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC yo View Post
Well I would think that any kind of racing would require a roll cage obviously, that is what I'm trying to get into. Where can I find out more about the available racing series?
Hi VTEC yo,

Check MMSC - Madras Motor Sports Club you should be able to get more information there. The club is also conducting the first round of races this year at the MMST race track in Chennai. You are most welcome to come and watch. Entry is free. If you want to take part, you should be able to get more information from the clubs office. You can contact Mr.Pramod Chandok on 098410 65145. i am sure he will be able to help you with any questions you might have.

Cheers.
Old 28th January 2008, 20:37   #5

Yeah, I've been to the site, and didn't find it all that informative. I'm basically looking for exactly what is raced and what the rules are. I'll get in contact with Mr Pramod Chandok tomorrow and try to learn some more. Thanks for the info
Old 29th January 2008, 00:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC yo View Post
Yeah, I've been to the site, and didn't find it all that informative. I'm basically looking for exactly what is raced and what the rules are. I'll get in contact with Mr Pramod Chandok tomorrow and try to learn some more. Thanks for the info
Hey,why have you checked out the mai website?
Rules,regs,and events are posted there since they are the governing body for motorsport in india.
Old 29th January 2008, 15:06   #7

Good link, I hadn't seen that, it is quite informative. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks