Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 20:20   #1
BHPian

Ok, kneel all of ya!

heh heh

sorry for the rude title, but thats only to attract attention to this thread!

I chanced upon this forum while googling for car reviews to decide on my next car (will start a separate thread on this).

I read thru a few threads and decided to register here so that I can ask my questions and get answers to them. I also hope to contribute to the discussions going on here.

More about me, well, I am from Hyderabad. I work in the IT industry (I know, I know...plz dont snicker...).

More relevant to this forum, I am also an unofficial automobile consultant to my friends, colleagues and relatives.

I own a 2003 Indica DLS (*kiss...kiss*) that I am ready to sell and move on, which brought me to this forum. Wow! now i am back to where I started this post - just like a Tarantino screenplay!

Ciao!

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th February 2008 at 20:23. Reason: Only Two smiley's allowed
Old 28th February 2008, 20:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome To T-Bhp CtrlAltDel.

Please make sure you go through Announcements section before proceeding. You will notice that Smiley usage is restricted to two smilies.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:35   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

"CtrlAltDel" - the 3-fingered Vulcan salute Microsoft successfully used to crash their earlier OSes. Welcome.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Welcome To T-Bhp CtrlAltDel.

Please make sure you go through Announcements section before proceeding. You will notice that Smiley usage is restricted to two smilies.
oops! saary saar! my bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
"CtrlAltDel" - the 3-fingered Vulcan salute Microsoft successfully used to crash their earlier OSes. Welcome.
thanQ! thanQ!

this thanks also applies to all others who welcome me here, coz i dont want to clutter the thread with a "thanQ" per greeting

Last edited by theMAG : 28th February 2008 at 20:58. Reason: Please go through our Announcement section about posts within 20 mins
Old 28th February 2008, 21:01   #5
BHPian

Rules!

ok! i went through the posting rules in Announcements. I am ok with them, except for the restriction on IM lingo. I need to unlearn and relearn a lot. moreover I am the lazy type. I'll try to restrict the language accordingly but please excuse any unintentional slips!

are acronyms like "BTW" (By the way) or "IMO" (In my opinion) or "FYI" (for your information) allowed? and am i allowed to quote decent hindi/hyderabadi slangs and phrases like "yaaron" or "bhai" or "nakko bawa"? heh heh...just getting the rules right, because I am used to those phrases!
Old 28th February 2008, 21:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, CtrlAltDel!

Guess you're a movie nut too, huh?
Old 28th February 2008, 22:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome onboard CtrlAltDel. Yes, initially there is a bit of unlearning as far as posting language is concerned, but I am sure you will appreciate the fact that this is what makes team-bhp what it is. Enjoy!
Old 29th February 2008, 00:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
are acronyms like "BTW" (By the way) or "IMO" (In my opinion) or "FYI" (for your information) allowed?
AFAIK, "BTW"(acronym) is ok, "Bi Da way"(sms lingo) is not.

Hope you get the idea.
Old 29th February 2008, 00:58   #9
BHPian

Welcome- Hope you don't need to Restart Often, or else you will have the Task Managers behind you.

Tell us more on your Indica.
Old 29th February 2008, 02:30   #10
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
are acronyms like "BTW" (By the way) or "IMO" (In my opinion) or "FYI" (for your information) allowed? and am i allowed to quote decent hindi/hyderabadi slangs and phrases like "yaaron" or "bhai" or "nakko bawa"? heh heh...just getting the rules right, because I am used to those phrases!
Acronyms are allowed, but try not to get too exotic otherwise most people might not know what on earth you mean.

Yes, yaaron, bhai etc are allowed as well, but try to keep all discussions in english so that all the members can understand what is being said.

cya around,
R
Old 29th February 2008, 09:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

There is a list of abreviations used here in the anouncement section.Read it frquently so that you are familiar with them.
Welcome to the forum and have a nice time discussing,discussing and discussing.lol
ram
Old 29th February 2008, 22:51   #12
BHPian

@hydrashok: yup, Movies are my other passion!

@MaserQ and ram_hyundai: thank you! I hope to discover all that in the days ahead! cheers:

@vivekiny2k and Rehaan: thank you two for clearing that up!
Old 29th February 2008, 23:02   #13
BHPian

My Indica

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Tell us more on your Indica.
aah! this deserves a separate post!

I think I am one of the few Indica users who have no complaints about their vehicle! I bought mine (mica-black DLS) in June '03 and it has served me faithfully since then. of course there were a few irritants cropping up now and then, but overall I dont have big complaints about car (nor about the service - initially Autofin and then Auto Chenoy in Secunderabad).

At present it gives me around 15 kpl which is lesser that the 17-18 it gave in the first 3 years. I have had no complaint about the engine till date except for an issue with the self starter last year.

I firmly believed that diesels acquired a bad name mainly because of ill treatment in the hands of cabbies. even naturally aspirated diesels like Indica would perform smoothly if treated like a baby by the user. I service it faithfully every 5000 Kms and follow the manual to the 'T' (for oil changes etc).

It has now run around 79400 Kms and I feel its time to move on to another car before this June (the expected Nano bookings from June might affect my Indica's resale value). Initial enquiries revealed that the going rate for my car is 1.5 to 1.7 lakhs. I will have to spend on some minor denting work to make it an attractive proposition to a new buyer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks