Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 20:19   #1

hello everybody!!

Hi,

And finally I have boarded Team-Bhp!!.

I am Anuj, currently based in Sheffield, UK. A mechanical engineer by degree and currently an IT professional. I am into late twenties and a car freak.

I have been an avid reader of this website for quite some time now (almost two years). Due to a hectic life for the past 2-3 years, I was never really mentally prepared to grasp and plunge into serious discussions on automobiles. But as the saying goes 'Better late than never' and after fulfilling some of my responsibilities (roti, kapda aur makaan) I have finally decided to let my life move in the forward gear rather than the reverse. I have had real good times browsing through this website and reading the interesting threads and discussions, test drive reviews etc. Being a Safari lover I have enjoyed all the endless threads comparing the Safari and Scorpio and it seems it has still has not ended!

I would really like to congratulate all those who were involved with the restructuring of this website a few months back. It looks better and more structured. I really appreciate the effort.

I am really looking forward to interacting with you guys here. The real motive is - I have an old tattered Hyundai Accent breathing its last and when I return back to India I want to straightaway plunge into the world of car modification. I am just dying to tear apart my beloved car and rebuild it. I am sure that the 'Gyan' from all the Gurus here will definitely help me achieve my dream.

Cheers

Anuj

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th April 2008 at 20:24. Reason: Removed Color & Font tags
Old 8th April 2008, 20:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBhp Anuj

Please read the board rules thoroughly.

Vikram18(pune member)will be very happy after looking at your handle
Old 8th April 2008, 20:27   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Welcome aboard. I thought that was Vikram signing up with another name for a minute!
Old 8th April 2008, 20:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Interesting username!
Welcome to T-BHP,Anuj! As you've mentioned,you'll get every bit of advice here.Won't take too long to get your Accent back in shape!
Enjoy!
cheers:
Old 8th April 2008, 22:05   #5
BHPian

Hi Anuj ,

Welcome Aboard ..

Regards.. kat
Old 8th April 2008, 22:05   #6
BHPian

How can I not welcome someone with a username like that! I'm a lover of Single Malts, hence all the pointing towards me. Welcome aboard my friend or should i just say Cheers!
Old 9th April 2008, 11:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, Mr. Roti Kapda aur Malt

You will find quite a few lovers of the malty stuff around here, principal amongst them being one reverently referred to as 'The Old Man'.

Why woud you want to rebuild your Accent, I wonder? Isnt it easier to pick up another car and mod it? Perhaps you can start another thread on this topic, because it should be interesting.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:34   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Welcome aboard. I thought that was Vikram signing up with another name for a minute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
How can I not welcome someone with a username like that! I'm a lover of Single Malts, hence all the pointing towards me. Welcome aboard my friend or should i just say Cheers!
I was like come on Vikram, way to go, nice handle, etc till I read it was Anuj. All the Glen's are soon going to be renamed to Vik livet, Vik Fiddich, Vik Morangie, etc.

Welcome to the forum Anuj. Keep an eye on the meet section.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anuj, welcome to the forum! I am sure you will get all the information you need from the Team BHP experts! cheers: Cheers! By the way, what is your favourite brand, SingleMalt?
Old 9th April 2008, 15:20   #10

Thanks for a warm and malty welcome!
It seems there are lot of malt lovers(Its even better).Speaking about single malts, my favourite is 'LAGAVULIN' and recently got hold of a distillers' collection single malt from the Ben Nevis distillery itself( only 815 bottles made so far and I am the proud owner of the 525th bottle). Hope to open this when I meet some of the tbhpians in Pune(everyday I have to kill my intense desire to open the bottle. Just waiting for a good occasion)
Steeroid,
I completely agree with your view that I should buy another car for the modification rather than the old accent. I did think about this but the probem is I am looking at buying a safari when i come back and that will leave me with only 2-3 lacs for the accent. I dont think this will be sufficient to buy as well mod another second hand car(and I am not expecting anyone to buy my old accent to add to the budget!). I will definitely start a thread to seek everyones views.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:47   #11
Team-BHP Support

Welcome and you sure got a "eye catchy" handle in the forum
Old 9th April 2008, 17:56   #12
BHPian

Hi there,

Welcome to t-bhp. Enjoy your time here like all of us do..hic..

-Anuj
Old 9th April 2008, 21:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the team 'singlemalt'

Quote:
singlemalt reminded me one old man
Old 10th April 2008, 13:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Do I know you? I knew one Mr Anuj with a old tattered Hyundai Accent.. He used to sit next to me at the office in Pune
Old 10th April 2008, 15:08   #15

Yes Shailendra, I am the same Anuj. Nice to see you here!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed