Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 12:52   #1

My Introduction

Hi guys, my name's Ashim, I'm 20 and from Sydney, NSW, Australia. I'm actually born in a town called Wai in Maharashtra but never lived in India. Have houses in Pune/Mumbai which I visit once a year or so.

Just joined here because I love seeing the "exotics/imports" in regular traffic photos.

Anyway, I own a 2002 Ford Falcon AU2 which is my daily car, Nissan 200SX S14a Luxury and a Suzuki RG125. Currently modding my Nissan slowly since Im just a student. Also looking to buy a 2008 Yamaha R6 very soon.

Here are some pics and specs

Ford Falcon - Standard, only stereo done myself (12" sub, 2ch amp, Pioneer HU)

My Introduction-img_0078.jpg

Nissan 200SX S14a (From when I bought it to its current stage)

3" turbo back exhaust to 5" cannon, front mount intercooler, Turbosmart blow off valve, 7" motorised TV, 12" sub + monoblock amp, S15 seats (Soon to be retrimmed in beige leather including dash/doors etc), Tein HE coilovers, 19" wheels.

My Introduction-1img_1200.jpg

My Introduction-2img_1198.jpg

My Introduction-3s14uleh.jpg

My Introduction-4zutututu.jpg

My Introduction-561.jpg

My Introduction-65.jpg

My Introduction-79.jpg

My Introduction-824.jpg

My Introduction-932.jpg

My Introduction-1011.jpg

My Introduction-11picture024.jpg

My Introduction-12picture027.jpg

My Introduction-13picture003.jpg

My Introduction-14picture016.jpg

My Introduction-15picture019.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th May 2008 at 13:15. Reason: Please upload pics on Tbhp as per rules as posting externally hosted pics is not allowed
Old 28th May 2008, 13:07   #2

Some random pics with some of my friends cars.

Me on the far left in both pics

My first car

Suzuki RG125- Stock, has to be small cpacity due to licence laws, i can buy a bigger bike in June, most likely 2008 Yamaha R6 in black.

Ok, no more pics, I promise haha.

Keen to hear what you guys think, not very good I know, but Im young and unemployed haha.

Also wondering if you guys have heard/know of any supercharging work being done in Pune, especially so on a Swift and a Chevrolet (We call them Holden Viva over here)

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th May 2008 at 10:01. Reason: Have restored this set of pics - they will be transferred to the TBHP server soon.
Old 28th May 2008, 13:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBhp LOE200.

Those are some nice rides you git there especially the Nissan.

Btw link externally hosted photographs is not allowed on Team-Bhp.

Since you are newbie I have done this for you but make sure to go through all the rules in Announcement section as we are pretty strict about them.

See you around
Old 28th May 2008, 13:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Ashim! You've got some really nice cars there! (Love the Borat sticker on the Falcon!! ).

The S15 looks real nice but I spot two different styles of wheels on it? Changed recently? And by any chance does that Light Blue & Black Silvia belong to a fellow member here??
Old 28th May 2008, 14:48   #5

Hey guys, sorry about the posts. Will familiarise myself with the rules in the future.

Both cars are actually S14A not S15, the other S14A owner may be on here as he is Indian too

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th May 2008 at 10:02. Reason: Have restored the 2nd set of pics, please upload according to the rules from now on. Thanks.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard buddie and pretty nice pics there.I loved the alloys especially.Float around here for a good idea about what we have in India and what Indians got around the world,lol.
ram
Old 28th May 2008, 17:36   #7
BHPian

welcome to T-Bhp mate. love the nissan 200sx, how many bhp is she running?
Old 28th May 2008, 18:23   #8

Hey guys, the 18" mesh style wheels were on there when I bought the car. They were 18x8" at front and 18x9" at the rear.

Now I am running 19" wheels that are 8.5" wide all around with 245/35 rubber.

I don't know the BHP conversion, its not a heavily modified car but makes 180KW at the wheels on 12PSi boost.

I can see a lot of you guys have taste, but everytime I visit, modifying cars seems to be sticking on stickers and a lot of useless crap !! I can only attribute this to the limited offerings of cars and I understand importing is a very costly task as well?

I was wondering if you guys had heard of a guy in Pune looking at the more performance modifcation aspects of cars, in particular a supercharged Swift and Chevrolet (Holden Viva we know them as)
Old 29th May 2008, 09:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOE200 View Post
I can see a lot of you guys have taste, but everytime I visit, modifying cars seems to be sticking on stickers and a lot of useless crap !! I can only attribute this to the limited offerings of cars and I understand importing is a very costly task as well?
Hi LOE200, take time to look at other threads, team-bhp is not just about stickers and body mods, if u dig a little more you will find a lot of turboed, peted, hyper tuned cars amongst our members. Few of them churning out more than 600 Bhp which by anystandards is a good performance car.

We do have a limited offerings of cars but we do make most of what we have and am not sure if you are familiar with the indian car scene now, but thanks to a good economy we have a lot imported cars , quite a few of the owners are members of this forum, right from subaru' STI, Evo's Skylines, lambos, porshe's, ferraris, bmws, AMG kitted mercs, M5's , supra's et all and the numbers and varities are increasing by the day. All going to say that we are aware of the term performance not just jazzy stickering.

Money and awareness of the art of performance tuning is no longer a factor to a lot of indians. Talking about the Mclarens, saleens or koenessigs or atoms and likes i am sure they are difficult to find in australia aswell.
Old 29th May 2008, 12:47   #10

Rotorhead- Wasn't a dig by any means brother. I of all people would love to see the Indian car scene flourish as one day I hope to live in India

I've mainly been in the exotics forum and also some threads about modified cars/bikes, just didn't find much.

I don't doubt at all that there are people there with much better cars than I have or even see on the road
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks