Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 12:31   #1
BHPian

Hello Friends

Dear Team-BHPians,

Thanks for approving my membership and making me a part of this community.

I have come across Team-BHP website quite often while searching for routes, road conditions, places to stay etc. Recently while searching for Bangalore-Goa route options, I got attracted to other interesting posts (travelogues – to be more specific) and in the process discovered a very energetic community sharing similar interests – travel, cars, bikes, photography.

To tell about myself, I am currently based in Bangalore and working in a software company. My garage consists of Swift Zxi 2006 and Machismo 350cc 2004. Prior to this I had a HH Splendor.
I have travelled a bit across south India. Primarily in bike till 2005 and then adjusted to a car once family size grew. With time and experience I have realized that the journey is always much more important than the destination.

Looking forward to a great time ahead.

Cheers,
Rajat
Old 1st July 2008, 11:40   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
Dear Team-BHPians,

With time and experience I have realized that the journey is always much more important than the destination.

Rajat
You bet it is.

Welcome to Team-BHP friend. You say you have traveled a bit. Maybe you can tell some tales and post some pictures.
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:35   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
You bet it is.

Welcome to Team-BHP friend. You say you have traveled a bit. Maybe you can tell some tales and post some pictures.
Thanks buddy!

Your post made me look back at my travels since 2001 and it creates an urge to re-visit most of these incredible places again .

It all started with an unplanned ride in the summer of 2001 on my HH splendor to Nagarjunsagar dam from Hyderabad. Although just a 260 km round trip, I liked it and longed for more. I also remember pushing the bike for around a km after getting a puncture at 12 noon in AP summer…

More trips soon followed and for the next 6 years I have gone for a few more trips....

From Hyd - Kurnool, Srisailam, Pune (RM 2005), Hampi, Chandrapur/Tadoba, Durg/Chattisgarh, Gundala Rock...

From B’lore - Belur/Halebid, Kemmangundi, Irupu, Yercaud, Marwanthe Pondicherry, Hassan/Mangalore/Marwanthe/Goa, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Kutta/Irupu/Kannur, Chikmagalur...

Most of these trips are on my trusted Machismo 2004. Few recent trips to Irupu, Kannur and Chikmagalur are on my equally trusted Swift.

No trips in 2007 as we have a new member in our family...

2008 has started in a better note with a small trip to a coffee estate near chikmagalur.... and monsoon goa trip on the cards...

Cheers,
Rajat
Old 4th July 2008, 01:08   #4
BANNED

welcome rajatmakar, i love travelling too, but never done on bike, would like to do someday. enfield bullet machismo has been my favourite since ever . i had one but sold in a hurry only to repent later.
Old 4th July 2008, 14:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
welcome rajatmakar, i love travelling too, but never done on bike, would like to do someday. enfield bullet machismo has been my favourite since ever . i had one but sold in a hurry only to repent later.
Initially I was a bit hesitant in shifting from bike to car, but later realised that both have their own charms... and as said before, ultimately the journey matters !!

Still dreaming/planning of MP national parks ride in my Machismo though will take another year at least
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks