Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 21:02   #1

Hello from Indonesia

Hello all, greetings from the land slightly above down under

I'm here to learn more about automotive in general and get to know of Indian culture along the way. I've been a member of English speaking automotive forums across the oceans, European boards, American boards, Singaporean boards, and Malaysian boards. Getting to know about automotive is just half the fun, I take full enjoyment learning new stuff especially about culture.

I'm a full time fan of Honda but very open to other automotive brand... In fact I'm heavily leaning towards buying Suzuki SX4 over the new Honda Jazz even though it came with superior engine and transmission. Currently I drive 2004 Honda Jazz CVT, a small cute car that could.

So here's hoping a great time and I humbly asked for a slight guidance along the way.

Best regards,
Michael Adhi
Old 30th June 2008, 21:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Michael

Selamat Datang ke Team BHP.

India is no different - most people are heavily tilted in favour of Honda. And then Suzuki. In some cases, Suzuki and then Honda.
Old 30th June 2008, 22:08   #3
BHPian

Welcome bro, Enjoy your stay here
Old 30th June 2008, 22:17   #4
BHPian

Welcome Michael!

I am sure you will find many great topics here - about cars mainly, but also about many other things! And as I am a foreigner too, I can assure you it will all tell you a lot about the wonderful Indian culture.
Old 30th June 2008, 22:37   #5

Thanks all, kind of weird that the forum reply structure is upside down, last post first. Unique nonetheless.

A forum of Suzuki and Honda fans... With a huge red Skoda picture on the forum header... If that doesn't show open mindedness... I don't know what is Think I'm going to like it here.
Old 30th June 2008, 22:46   #6
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Michael, enjoy your stay and do share more on Indonesian car culture
Old 30th June 2008, 23:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Dude.
Waiting to hear more about the motor scene there. and Hope to see your ride's pics.
Old 1st July 2008, 09:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midi_Amp View Post
Hello all, greetings from the land slightly above down under

I'm here to learn more about automotive in general and get to know of Indian culture along the way. I've been a member of English speaking automotive forums across the oceans, European boards, American boards, Singaporean boards, and Malaysian boards. Getting to know about automotive is just half the fun, I take full enjoyment learning new stuff especially about culture.

I'm a full time fan of Honda but very open to other automotive brand... In fact I'm heavily leaning towards buying Suzuki SX4 over the new Honda Jazz even though it came with superior engine and transmission. Currently I drive 2004 Honda Jazz CVT, a small cute car that could.

So here's hoping a great time and I humbly asked for a slight guidance along the way.

Best regards,
Michael Adhi

Welcome brother to the world of Team BHP. Jakarta is cool place, I was there last week, was put up in a hotel called gran malia..... neways Jazz is a cute little car, and a good one too.Any particular reason for shifting from Honda stable and u , i think ,are buying the SX4 Xover right , the hatchback???
Old 1st July 2008, 09:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Michael! Do post some pics of your Jazz ! I actually like the New Jazz. It will hit our shores only next year ! Enjoy your stay in T BHP!
Old 1st July 2008, 10:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Michael. Do tell us about the automotive scene in Indonesia.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:33   #11
BHPian

Hi Michael.
Welcome to Team-BHP.

I recently met around 8 Indonesian guys. We had training on a new telecom technology and we were all in the same batch. Real cool chaps. We were together for around 20 days. It was fun to talk and hang around with them. One of them was an auto freak. They were always telling me to visit Bali. Maybe I will, in the future.

Enjoy your stay.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:41   #12
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midi_Amp View Post
...I take full enjoyment learning new stuff especially about culture....
Well then, this is a great place to start > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...irst-time.html

cya
R
Old 1st July 2008, 12:03   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Any particular reason for shifting from Honda stable and u , i think ,are buying the SX4 Xover right , the hatchback???
Well, actually I'm having a very hard time deciding to buy the SX4 or not. My considerations to buy the Zuk are as follow:
  1. Need relatively high ground clearance.
  2. Have a strong suspension system.
  3. Doesn't like huge cars.
  4. Doesn't like SUV.
  5. Can stay intact in minimum 4 years.
  6. Relatively fuel efficient.
  7. Great seating position.
I think the problem with Indonesian roads are not much different than with Indian roads. I have here are incredibly savage potholes, incredibly unmaintained road condition, incredibly savage traffic jam and not less incredible long commute time. My Jazz currently suffer a lot, battered undercarriage because of too much scraping potholes and I need to replace a suspension component for getting stucked in a pothole and I force my way through it. Well, not just the Jazz, I too suffer for having to seat 2 hours of daily drive everyday... The Jazz low slung seating position and one bad back translates to bad weekends for me and the missus.

Test driven the SX4, it has everything I personally need, and it has super duper great driving position, just perfect. But when I'm just about to buy it... The new Jazz came up out of nowhere. Powerful engine and 5 speed automatic... Well, there goes my resolve.

The Jazz is a proven car, it withstand severe treatment from the environment and from me, and best of all, 4 years of service without a single quality or mechanical problem. So track record wise, Honda and the Jazz got a two thumbs up. So when Honda announced the new Jazz, my resolve of buying the SX4 is wavered... For assurance, I asked here about every technical things about the SX4 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uzuki-sx4.html but so far none replied to it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks