Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2008, 15:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hello? Is that me you're lookin' for...

Sorry, I couldn't think of a better thread title

My name is Arun Krishnan and I'm from Trivandrum, the capital of strikes, stones, broken glass, roads which transform into thoads (streams, in Mallutongue) and a state called Kerala. I was born in 1984, so the Old Men(tm) in the forum are entitled to rightfully throw me off their lawns, shotguns in hand.

I'm five papers way from being an Electronics & Communications Engineer. I spent the worst years of my life (the best if you count meeting my current circle of pals) at Mohammad Sathak Engineering College, situated at a place called Ramanathapuram. You would pass by this place if you have ever gone to Rameswaram.

My hobbies include computers, electronics (made my first dancing light in 8th standard. Too bad a friend decide to plug it into the mains - made a nice bang though), music (a recent passion - had a friend in college who brought two suitcases. One had his clothes, the other was filled with cassettes), mobile phones (am considered an expert with Motorola phones) and general technology.

Found T-BHP when I was searching the web for information on the Yamaha R150 for a friend. Now it occupies a permanent open tab next to the forum which I help mod.

Cars, cars, when did I start being an auto enthusiast? I don't remember really. My family owned a Premier Padmini during the time the Kerala RTO was running on the KL-01 B registrations (round about way to say - I don't remember when exactly). My dad is in the Merchant Navy and entrusted me to rev the engine once a week to keep it from dying. He didn't drive and we employed a driver. Anyway, one day I shifted the gear to first and let the clutch go. On hindsight, opening the gates would have been a good idea. The bumper and the gate suffered moderate damage. Thankfully, my dad didn't disown me and throw me out of the house (he has a terrible temper).

We sold it in 1999 when it started expressing fuel efficiency in litres per kilometer.

I've had RC cars and hotwheels toys all along (including a nice racing set - remember the battery operated escalator on those things?).

We're set to buy a Honda Civic 1.8V AT in August when my dad returns from his supposedly last sea trip. He has been on his "last" sailing for the previous ten times he went to sea, so I wouldn't count on it. I lurked a lot in the forums prior to posting my thread in the What Car section.

Ah damn, there I go posting reams of words again. Sorry, I'm a bit prone to posting long a** posts. My apologies.

I hope to make friends, add turbos and blow windows off with ICE on T-BHP.

If you manage to make it all the way down here, you get a cookie. Here ya go! Cya around folks.
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Better late than never and quite interesting intro there you had given "Immortalz" .So having your interest in electronics will keep you visiting the electronic gadgets section i suppose. Have a wonderful stay and drive safe. ofcourse do go through the rules and announcements to make yourself familiar with the postings.
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Slightly corny title, but hey the rest of the post made up for it! Welcome to Team BHP - that was a very entertaining intro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
My family owned a Premier Padmini during the time the Kerala RTO was running on the KL-01 B registrations (round about way to say - I don't remember when exactly).
That would be 1992/93-ish?

Quote:
On hindsight, opening the gates would have been a good idea.
Not if there was a tipper-lorry passing through that road at approximately the same time.

Quote:
We sold it in 1999 when it started expressing fuel efficiency in litres per kilometer.

Quote:
I hope to make friends, add turbos and blow windows off with ICE on T-BHP.
As long as they are your OWN windows...this might be a good time to tell you about the forum rules that can be found in the Announcements section. You cant blow those off.

Quote:
If you manage to make it all the way down here, you get a cookie.
Its going to cost you a hell lot in postage - how do I send you the address?
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

An interesting intro after quite some time. Another Mallu on the forum. Welcome aboard.
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:20   #5
BHPian

For a minute there i thought Lionel Richie had signed up with team-bhp seeking for advise on his next car..

Welcome abroad ImmortalZ..
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:20   #6
BHPian

Hi ImmortalZ,

Welcome to Team BHP. Nice to see another face from here. Hope to meet you some time soon.
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

That was a very nice & very funny intro Arun! I really enjoyed reading it!

Have fun on the forum! And look around for the long bearded, high priest of the Mallu TBHPians if you want to make it to a meet!
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Better late than never and quite interesting intro there you had given "Immortalz" .So having your interest in electronics will keep you visiting the electronic gadgets section i suppose. Have a wonderful stay and drive safe. ofcourse do go through the rules and announcements to make yourself familiar with the postings.
Well, the history of nick is quite convoluted. I know it doesn't make sense, but if you wish to find out why nick is what it is, a visit to this page will help clear out your doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Slightly corny title, but hey the rest of the post made up for it! Welcome to Team BHP - that was a very entertaining intro!
Thank you!

Quote:
That would be 1992/93-ish?
I'll have to look it up, to be honest.

Quote:
Not if there was a tipper-lorry passing through that road at approximately the same time.
Tippers killed like four people in separate accidents in TVM yesterday. Scary thought.

Quote:
As long as they are your OWN windows...this might be a good time to tell you about the forum rules that can be found in the Announcements section. You cant blow those off.
Asking countless newbies to go RTFM on another forum has it's benefits. I always check the rules whenever I go to a new forum. Their turf, their rules, right?

Quote:
Its going to cost you a hell lot in postage - how do I send you the address?
Dude, I'm a mallu. There are more of us in Dubai than not. I'll get you a truckload of cookies if you give me your address

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
For a minute there i thought Lionel Richie had signed up with team-bhp seeking for advise on his next car..

Welcome abroad ImmortalZ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Hi ImmortalZ,

Welcome to Team BHP. Nice to see another face from here. Hope to meet you some time soon.
Thanks guys. I was just listening to that song and it just sorta popped in there.
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

HEy Arun. The Title was corny but it made me decide to open your thread. Great intro and I loved the part of effieciency of your fiat. Waiting for your new car when your Dads back from his Last Voyage. See you around
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic intro ImmortalZ, welcome to the forum. Hope to get that cookie from you one day. Might think of throwing you out of your own lawn that time.

Quote:
Anyway, one day I shifted the gear to first and let the clutch go. On hindsight, opening the gates would have been a good idea.

BTW, the song from which you have lifted this thread title, is also as old as you.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 2nd July 2008 at 17:13.
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Awesome intro Arun ! Welcome to T BHP. Enjoy your stay. Do keep us updated on your purchase of the Civic . Now do i get the cookie??
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro! Keep posting.
The efficiency of Fiat Padmini was put up in a hilarious way...
Cheers...

Last edited by kpzen : 2nd July 2008 at 17:32.
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Nice intro! Keep posting.
The efficiency of Fiat was put up in a hilarious way...
Cheers...

kp, he said premier padmini, not fiat. Don't start another fiat war.
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The efficiency of Fiat was put up in a hilarious way...
KP

Finney will Getz you.
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KP

Finney will Getz you.
Hahahahahahahahahhaa
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com