Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:11   #1
BANNED

hello auto gods

hi everyone, this is bhp1 reporting.
im on + side of 30.
a doctor by profession.
have great deal of interest in cars & adventure.
i heard about team bhp from friends & on the net, have been visiting the site for quite some time as a guest & now, finally have joined it.
my previously owned cars: very old: dodge, plymoth.
relatively old: amby, fiat, m800 1st. in city, straight from japan.
not so old:m800van, m800car, contessa, m1000, esteem, astra, cielo, gypsy,
now in possession: m800-95, cielo-98, ikon-2001, corolla-04, innova- 06.
future interests: diesel or alt. fuel or hybrid.

as a member of team-bhp, i shall try to put in whatever knowledge ive gained so far. ive been an auto enthusiast for time immemorial, have driven a lot of cars apart from owning some contemporary ones. ive also been reading a lot about cars in magazines & web.
hope that i can be of some help somewhere!
Old 2nd July 2008, 22:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dude.
welcome to team-bhp.com
its a very addiciting place
enjoy your stay. A nice garage you got there. Any Plans to upgrade soon?
Old 3rd July 2008, 01:03   #3
BANNED

thanks,
yes, im finding the place addictive just after joining.
i keep my cars under rotation every 1-2yrs, they are generally in good condition , so i dont lose a great deal on them & am able to taste new offerings in the market.
but, now for some time ive been contemplating to buy a new car, none has really excited me. the market has not moved at a fast enough pace & you get almost similar products. im looking for something with latest cutting edge techonology.
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:23   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Bhp! Pretty appropriate nick you have chosen there. I see you buy a new car every 3 years. Whats cooking for Y2009?

Please do take a quick detour to the board rules section to understand our forum policies.
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:37   #5
BHPian

bhp1, Welcome aboard. As you expressed interest in Alternate fuels and Hybrids, you should check out Tesla Motors. An awesome car, but unfortunately will be years before we get anything like that in India.
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

welcome aboard bhp1, you joined in just when i was searching to source all the info on a contessa, now i know there is one more person who can give me some experience on this car, well enjoy your stay, like abhi said this is a very addictive place, and a garage of all your cars is what i am waiting for.

kudos mate.
Old 4th July 2008, 00:26   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Bhp! Pretty appropriate nick you have chosen there. I see you buy a new car every 3 years. Whats cooking for Y2009?

Please do take a quick detour to the board rules section to understand our forum policies.

thanks gto , yes my nick name is inspired by your forums. interesting!
well i had been buying every 1-2 yrs, but now ive slowed down a bit as im not finding interesting examples.
09 seems far, there are green plans for 08. & yes sir ive already accustomed myself with the forum rules & regulations, it was perhaps the first thing i did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
welcome aboard bhp1, you joined in just when i was searching to source all the info on a contessa, now i know there is one more person who can give me some experience on this car, well enjoy your stay, like abhi said this is a very addictive place, and a garage of all your cars is what i am waiting for.

kudos mate.
thanks rider, you are welcome to join my garage. contessa used to my hot favourite during its hay days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
bhp1, Welcome aboard. As you expressed interest in Alternate fuels and Hybrids, you should check out Tesla Motors. An awesome car, but unfortunately will be years before we get anything like that in India.
thanks tumbler, link was interesting, keep on informing in future also.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th July 2008 at 06:43. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 10th July 2008, 21:02   #8
BANNED

Im posting a big thank you post in intro. thread, please excuse me for this, I found this to be an appropriate place.

I would like to thank the ADMIN. , various MODERATORS, & my dear Members for helping me graduate from a newbie to a BHPian.

The journey so far has been fantastic, I am amazed at the quality & content of the forum & wish to add my bit to it.
Initially heavy moderation does tend to bug a little & one often thinks , is there some level of paranoia in the forum, but then soon I realizes that every thing is for betterment of the forum.

So, again I thank all from the bottom of my heart & expect the same or more level of motivation & encouragement from the forum in the future also. So that I am able to devote my best to the forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks