Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2005, 23:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

new dude in town

aloha to all fellow team-bhpians,

allow me to introduce myself. my name is atul chandan menon(hey, don't heed to my 1/4 mile long name:to all bhpians, atul or acm will do just fine).i am (just) 20 yrs old, and am an ABSOLUTE "ENGINE" FANATIC, meaning i just love anything on wheels with an engine, including cars (favourites: McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron, Lancia Stratos, Toyota supra, Nissan Skyline GTR [R34-V spec], Honda NSX...) bikes (favourites: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R & ZX-10R & ZX-6RR, Honda CBR 900RR, 1100, Yamaha YZF-R1,R6...) aeroplanes( favourites:SR-72 Blackbird, Sukhoi's and Lockheeds[martins&others]) . from the above you must have got it that i love RWD and 4WD cars, more so than others. by the way, do team-bhpians organize get togethers and stuff? (drag meets or plain G2Gs like the way xbhpians do-or even events like autocar's drag meets will do!!!) . i would really like to meet all you dudes. i read about team-bhp in xbhp(of which i am a member too), and on browsing i found that you dudes are more to my tastes than xbhpians:i mean, don't get me wrong, it's just that 2 wheels are just not enough, you know!!
i am currently doing computer engg(dip.) yeah, that's right, but hey i ain't no geeeeek!!
i stay at vasai, thane dist. which's at an arm's length away from mumbai (okay, it's about 20 kms, but who cares? this is a team-bhpian,right?!)
my current steeds are: Tata Safari 4x4 (there's proof that i love 4WDs &/or RWDs),Maruti Gypsy 4x4 (again,....) and a pulsar 180 dts-i (i previously had an older SWB 180-'Short Wheel Base' to those not in the know).So , if you were on the expressway and witnessed a blue Safari thundering past you at 160 kmph, that just might have been me....
Guys, i need your help on something. i have plans to replace my safari (sob, sob, sob...) -2000 model- with either a lancer, old honda city, or the baleno (all second hand, of course). i know all of these are FrontWDs, but hey, we don't have any decent RWD sedans in india (secondhand, cheap, and MODIFIABLE), do we?
i am looking forward to modifying the heavens out from the engine,so please help, as i wanna know about upgreadability(if lancer, i might want to kit it with EVO's powertrain and permanent all-wheel drive). and last but not least, which has the cheapest spare parts, as i will drive it in stock condition for at least some time.

also, i read somewhere that karanraj shah of ks motorsport is a team-bhpian. if so, could you guys give me his contacts? i also wanna know the contacts for riodesign too.

and finally, thank you all for having the patience to go through this,
and i hope i am an bonafide member of the team-bhp family, as i really wanted a car crazy family like youse ( i live,breathe,& dream cars&bikes -the genes in my blood are half gasoline, most of which i get from my uncles, who are car crazy too- but not to my extent) . by the way ( this is for all the moderators), do i get some sort of memento for being a member ? and where can i get some team-bhp merchandise (stickers and stuff), so that me and my steeds can be officially team-bhp certified?
thanks, hope i get some replies soon. ciao.
Old 14th March 2005, 23:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

ACM,

welkome to the party dude .......

a gypsy , a safari ...interesting vehicles u have ....

and replacing the safari - all 3 cars u have listed can be modified ...the OHC , the Baleno and the Lancer...in that order i think !!

well now that u r here ....ull learn from the experts .....

cheers
Old 15th March 2005, 00:06   #3
bhp
BHPian

welcome aboard dude
njoy ur stay !!!
Old 15th March 2005, 00:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also, i read somewhere that karanraj shah of ks motorsport is a team-bhpian. if so, could you guys give me his contacts?
KS Motorsport is on the team and his ID is KS Motorsport
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/member.php?u=824

You could PM him for more details you require.
Old 15th March 2005, 09:21   #5
BHPian

Welcome dude!!
Really long and interesting intro there.... u'l sure learn the mods here...
Hope u enjoy it here.
Chao
Old 15th March 2005, 10:13   #6
BHPian

welcome abroad dude! going in for a evo drvietrain will be expensive. but not impossible. sideways should be of more help to you regarding that.

if you need a RWD to enjoy those over steer moments and not for anything else then give the chinkara a try. i had a good experience with the Grand vitara. its just pure magic to let the rear slide and correct it
Old 18th March 2005, 22:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

wow, you just read out most of my favourites as far as wheels go. i like you already!

evo spec lancer? ask sideways!

and did i mention...welcome aboard!
Old 20th March 2005, 06:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Dude,we love quite a few cars in common.The lust for that Evo too.

Anyways,have a rocking time here.

X
Old 24th March 2005, 20:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

thanks guys. hope all of ya chip in-i would like to hear all your notes..er..opinions...
Old 28th March 2005, 17:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
have a great time on tbhp .....
Old 6th April 2005, 00:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

thanks revtech, i surely will; and i believe we have already met- in the threads..!

and cool pic of the evo in your avatar man!! nice!!!
Old 8th April 2005, 12:29   #12
BHPian

hey, welcome to team-bhp enjoy ur stay here.. after driving biggies.. u would feel a little cramped up in the small cars
Old 3rd May 2005, 09:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude585
hey, welcome to team-bhp enjoy ur stay here.. after driving biggies.. u would feel a little cramped up in the small cars

true.......but then, life is all about sacrifices, eh...
Old 3rd May 2005, 21:18   #14
BANNED

welcum veyron thoough its a late one..
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

hey atul welcome onboard
glad to meet another computer engg student.
have a good time here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed