Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 19:13   #1
BHPian

Hey!

hallo y'all!

Rohan. 25yrs, happily unmarried, single, male. Last seen suspiciously lurking outside neighbors garage.

An entrepreneur by profession, I have a small IT Consulting firm along with a li'l interest in some knick-knack projects on the side.

Live in Hyderabad as of now, by an ironical quirk of fate. Shuttle between Delhi and Hyderabad quite a bit actually.

I have been reading the forums on t-bhp as a guest on and off for a year now, and finally decided that its time for me to get hitched.

My garage houses a Red Suzuki Swift Vxi, a Ford Fiesta Sxi, a 1961 Willys Jeep, and a Royal Enfield Electra 2004. My dad also owns 1936 Austin 7 and a 1948 Morris Minor, both completely restored and in mint condition.

I love traveling, and I love wheels. Not necessarily in tht order. And the love for and between them is mutual I am guessing, since one is definitely born out of the other. It's probably a question akin to whether the egg comes first or the chicken.

Currently my heart is set on acquiring a used Mistubishi Pajero SWB and a superbike. I am not sure which order to buy them in. I am sure I am going to home in on the answer pretty soon with the help of all you gurus out there.

I am really looking forward to being a part of this community and am sure in the process will forge some great relations with all you guys.

Thanks and cheers

Rohan.
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Forum. Your garage turns me green with envy. Right now my garage has a Kinetic Honda and aMaruti 800!
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:25   #3
BHPian

Hey Benji,

Thanks a ton!!
Heh heh..yeah, dad's a nut for old cars and restoration. But being busy of late, he hasnt devoted much time of late.

And then the bug bit me too for a bit, so I got a Willys and restored it as well.

Man..i have awesome memories with the Kinetic. Have traveled a fair bit on it. Taken knee-scraping turns without falling off! i should get one fo them bikes again..i think its the 'real' fun hassle free ungeared bike.

And a very warm welcome to you too
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah, another vintage classic walla. Great

Welcome aboard, you'll have a great time here. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your jalopies.

Cheers
karl
Old 24th August 2008, 00:13   #5
BHPian

Rohan, thats a great garage you got there mate ! And then you say a pajero and superbike coming in ?? Hmmmmm... Well, you have stepped into the right forum
Old 24th August 2008, 01:54   #6
BHPian

Thanks a ton Karlos and Senindra.

Yeah, looking at getting a Pajero and a superbike. Soon. But how soon is soon, I gotta wait and watch.

I guess I will have to keep looking with a fine tooth and comb to find a good Pajero SWB.

I have this huge crush on it as of now. Someone in my colony has one, and I drool a few litres of saliva every time I pass by. He also owns a Pajero LWB, a Sera, a Gypsy and a Skoda. I think he had an imported Corolla as well.

Someday...someday!
Old 24th August 2008, 21:35   #7
BHPian

Didn't quite get you, sorry.

Presumably the model sold in the country is the Pajero LWB, and the occasional pre-owned imports are the Pajero SWB. Is that what you mean, that you're looking for the (imported) version? On two occasions, these were being hawked around in Madras, for around Rs. 5 lakhs. Trouble is that they come in once in a blue moon, and you really don't get to say anything about the condition and so on - it's take it or leave it.
Old 25th August 2008, 01:09   #8
BHPian

Yep,
Thats the one I am talking about. The LWB is ofcourse, as you know, easily available.
The SWB, that has only come in as imports, is the one my heart is set after. If only I could lay my hands on one!! It is indeed a very hard one to come by. I am guessing I'll probably look around on my next trip to Delhi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks