Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 22:58   #1
abk
BHPian

Walked thru the door!

Folks, after having 'accidentally' hit this site i've almost been having regular doses of indian automobile updates via this site. It is a bit of a shame that being in IT all these years (was counting on my finger tips yesterday and found it hard to believe it is gonna be 9 yrs soon when all this while i had like 8 years at the back of my mind!!) i still feel quite lost on this site / forum.

Anyway, a few quick lines about myself: I am passionate about Indian cars that are anywhere within and periphery of my extended budget. Used to love motorbikes a lot until one night i had an accident in Pune that i switched to car. And ever since then the fad has been cars. What i love most about car is driving.. driving long and especially throughout the night to see the first lights of dawn and then to spring back to life with the fresh morning breeze on the winding hilly roads. have already done it a few times and yearning for more. err.. should have mentioned i miss being in india now that for some extra money i have moved in here in Denmark for a while.

What has amazed me on this forum / site is the depth of knowledge and the degree of helpfulness of the members. I thought this did not exist so abundantly in india. Am glad that am wrong. I can only learn from you folks. And whilst i have been blissfully thinking i know a lot about automobiles!

The first car i bought was a used Honda City 1.5 Exi (the old model) which my friend in Gurgaon is now driving and am wondering whether to keep it for my use upon returning to india or to sell it off. The second car was a new Santro Xing for my folks in Assam. Ofcourse, my first motor artefact is my Hero Honda Splendour. Like so many millions of indians!

Last thing - amongst several child & adulthood fancies one that still lingers on is my desire to open a garage where i will service automobiles myself and get my clothes greased. that will smell of life. a real life.

Here i come.. thanks for all ur patience to read till this end! Cheers

Last edited by abk : 3rd September 2008 at 23:07.
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:37   #2
BHPian

Welcome Abk. Enjoy your stay. We are expecting your experiences with Cars in Denmark.
Old 4th September 2008, 01:38   #3
abk
BHPian

Walked thru the door! - some Denmark updates..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Welcome Abk. Enjoy your stay. We are expecting your experiences with Cars in Denmark.
HCP mate, I'd if only i had enough money to buy myself a car here in denmark :( anyway, few personal observations (this might sound li'l interesting considering most of the members probably know almost as much or at times even more than the locals of the cars in the west!) of the automobile scene here in Denmark:

1. Cars here are bloody expensive. A 100k (these people follow Kms) 8 year old Audi A8 was put up on our office board for sale asking price 299,000 DKK (Danish Kroners). Which is roughly equal to £30,000 or $54,000!!! It is probably explained by the fact that taxation rate is 60%!!!! But this will take us to another track. In short, I think the taxation is fair considering what the nation gives back to the citizen & contributes to welfare.

2. Suzuki seems to be a very popular brand here most notably Grand Vitara & Swift. I have also seen quite commonly Wagon R (wider and bigger than the one in India) & a few Vitaras. And an Alto once!

3. Honda is probably the least popular of the global brands. Have seen a few countable Accords & Civic (the european hatch which looks extremely futuristic).

4. Most of the Mercs are here as taxis. Private Merc ownership, to my observation, seemed rather dismal. BMW on the other hand rules the premier ownership.

5. A few days back while biking (cycling is what i prefer calling it though some Danes would not understand it upfront!) back from office i saw a BMW X7. Looked curvier, bigger and more plush than the X5!

Hmmm.. what else?? Cant think of anything :(
Old 4th September 2008, 03:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi ABK, I knew that you would give a similar reply to the car scene in countries like Denmark, Holland etc. as I'm aware of the exorbitant taxes they have on cars & as a result owning exotic cars is a real rarity there! In fact, we do have two members from Holland here already! So do a search for them & look them up! In the meantime, have fun around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
5. A few days back while biking (cycling is what i prefer calling it though some Danes would not understand it upfront!) back from office i saw a BMW X7. Looked curvier, bigger and more plush than the X5!
Ummmm...I'm sure you mean the X6, right??

Last edited by iraghava : 4th September 2008 at 03:29.
Old 4th September 2008, 04:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
What has amazed me on this forum / site is the depth of knowledge and the degree of helpfulness of the members. I thought this did not exist so abundantly in india.
Welcome to the forum, mate. Do post some thread about the car scene there, with pictures aplenty.

Cheers

MontyKING
Old 4th September 2008, 14:04   #6
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Ummmm...I'm sure you mean the X6, right??
Yep am quite sure it was the X7! Next time i come across something as significant as this will put my iphone to better use

Last edited by aah78 : 4th September 2008 at 19:51. Reason: Quote fixed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks