Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 14:50   #1
BHPian

Finally online with lot more to do with my zen

Hello every one,

I am Sachin from mumbai & recently own a ZEN (Curb), I have joined this forum app. 2 months back but was not getting access to post anything

After seeking help from Samurai san, finally my account is active for posting on forum.

When I bought the zen (Second hand, as I never knew driving & everyone told that its better to have a dent on old car than new one

After buying a car for 79K (Zen - 2000) my efforts started to make it good enough to satisfy me, but till date I am not able to get it the way I want, but at the same time do not wish to sell of the zen.

May be superstitious but when I got my car (Gujrat to mumbai) I haulted at least 10 times on the way, but the car started instantly, then in the evening I finally reached home and after parking the car inside my compound I went up to call my mom to have her first look, but the car refused to start, I tried all possible ways but no use. The next day when I got it checked I found that one cell from Battery is gone and need to replace so instead of repairing the battery I got a new battery & thought that the expenses started, but actually this car got me home without any trouble, she struggled till I reach but didn't complain at all.

Maruti Zen Costing till date
Car Cost 79000
Car initial repairing 12000
(L front axcel, all sticker removal, new Air Filter, minor servicing & bumper painting)
Car deck JVC, car mats, cooling films 15800
Car interior cleaning 500
Car first servicing 30200
(They almost replaced all R front axcel, all brakes pads & disks, all clutch plates, all 4 shocks, and many more)
Car windshield & Combination switch 5500
(New laminated one)
Car tyres & wipers 7300
(4 Goodyear tyres with tube 6100)
Car PUC 100
Car second servicing 2250
Car tire tube 300
(one faulty from new lot)
Car wiper link 550
(This one failed in 5 hours only)
Car left headlight glass & fitment 200
Car wiper link at MSS 1084
(Now this is working fine)
Car transfer & road tax 0
Total Car cost as of now 154784

Total till date is 154784, but am still unhappy with what I have, my rear left door, (which got lock replaced) is offset & looks like open from out side. The interior is completely gone, just waiting rains to end so that I can change seat covers & rest of the interiors (carpet, dashboard colouring, roof & side skirts), after that I will have my car repainted. Then i think I will have the car in state which I want.

So I am expecting 50k more to what I have already done & then my mom will kill me saying I should have bought a new alto

Sorry for the third smily I know I am allowed only two per message, but this one is very big & could not avoid such expressive one.

I guess I have already typed too much for an intro.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th September 2008 at 14:56. Reason: Smiley usage is restricted to two per post
Old 17th September 2008, 14:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp Sachin

Thats a nice intro there

Please read through the board rules as we are very particular about them.

Have a pleasant stay
Old 17th September 2008, 15:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

So more than learning the car your learning the technical know how and problem solving,wht didn't you buy the car from Mumbai itself,you should have kept a budget of 1.5L and got a 2002 MPfi in that range,really sorry to hear about the problems you are facing,as the prices mentioned for servicing replacing parts seems bit 'OK'.

Welcome to TBHP i am sure here you will learn alot of things...have a pleasent stay cheers

Ramie
Old 17th September 2008, 15:19   #4
BHPian

Actually speaking I am going in each and every technical details of it, even at times trying some things myself. (Being an engineer it by default)

Well initially I visited amny car dealers in mumbai but the cars they were selling for 1.2L to 1.5L were in real bad condition. Comparitively mine is now almost new from moving parts & ICE perspective. Initially even I was opting for mumbai registration but the cars I saw were not at all good.

Hence from Gujrat

The condition of my car is really very good as per engine & other things now only interior & painting needs to be done. If you see my profile image you can see that the car is in much better condition but I never like "CHALTA HAI" and normally get stuck with perticularity. I know its not always good but cant help it. And when it comes to my car I dont know I bother much more than I bother for myself. I guess this is a feeling of owining someting.
Truly speaking I never did so much even for my GF
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks