Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 13:05   #1
BHPian

New boy in India!

Hi,

Time for my introduction on here, my name is Stefan Mansukhani, I have lived in Uk all my life. After 18 months of planning and the acompaning stress that comes with relocation, my wife and I are all set to leave the Uk on the 27th of this month to Bombay, final destination is Goa, we will be flitting between Goa/Bombay and Pune. Our arrival in Goa will be 10th October. I will be probably buying a Safari 2.2 Lx version, going to haggle for the claddings to be painted for free. I am still waiting to see the Ingenio if it comes in time, but my hear is screaming SAFARI! I have assembled some very nice car audio kit, which I am shipping, to hopefuly build a phenominal set up in the Safari. I have been following the forum for the past year, but have waited to introduce myself until we were all set for our journey.

I am looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys in the future and of course my new life in paradise cheers:

Regards,

Stefan
Old 18th September 2008, 13:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp Stefan

Looking forward to your motoring experience vis-a-vis UK which I hope you would be sharing with us.

& yes welcome to India
Old 18th September 2008, 13:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome abroad Stefan & welcome to India,I am sure your going to fall in love with the place cheers..

What all audio equipment are you shipping down please let us know

Ramie
Old 18th September 2008, 13:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Welcome abroad Stefan & welcome to India,I am sure your going to fall in love with the place cheers..

What all audio equipment are you shipping down please let us know

Ramie
Hi Ramie,

Thanks for the welcome, the list of audio equipment is as follows
1. Genesis profile 4 according to the birth sheet will give me 170wrms bridged to 2 channels for the front.
2. Genesis profile 2 for the rear doors
3. DLS A6 mono amp for the subs
4. Apline 9887 us model, arriving today
5 Two Hertz HX250D 10" subs
6. I have two pairs of Rockford fosgate P162s component speakers, will just use one set for the rear, I will buy Hertz HSK 165.3 components in Bombay for the sound stage.

When the time comes I will post pictures of my install on the Audio forum, probably going down the diy route, as that how we generally do most things in the UK.

Regards,

Stefan
Old 18th September 2008, 14:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Welcome to Team-Bhp Stefan

Looking forward to your motoring experience vis-a-vis UK which I hope you would be sharing with us.

& yes welcome to India
Thanks Technocrat,

I have had so many cars in my 21 years of driving in the Uk,

My first car was my sisters old Morris Marina Coupe, the previous owner had done an engine swap from a 1.3 to a 1.8 twin carb MGGT engine, dangerously fast and unsafe! But fun, when it rained, I knew the footwells used to flood, nice old rust bucket and rear wheel drive, which is why I enjoyed it so much, this had my first audio install, which although basic had decent SQ considering this was before CD's
My second car was a Mazda coupe(forget the model name)based on the 626 of the late 70's nice luxury type car enjoyable until my first attempt of Diy mechanics, i had changed the spark plugs and put the HT leads the wrong way round oops
Next came what is still my favorite car of all time back in 1991 this was a 1978 model Opal Manta, not an ordinary one though, this baby was special! This girl was sexy, extremely fast and simply put AWSOME! she came clothed in a sleek black outfit, the Opal Manta 400 rally body kit voluptuous looks curvy wide wheel arches 13x8" alloys with 225/50 tyres, uprated suspension, she would hug the road, it was almost like driving a Porche and under the hood, now that was something, high lift cam, twin Webber 45 carbs, free flow exhaust and manifold, she was special 0-60(100kmph) 6.5 seconds would have done it quicker but the gear ratios were tight, top speed i managed was 130 mph (approx 220kmph) I really miss that car, I done my first decent audio install in that, no subs though, but nice and clean sound from an old school kenwood amp and jvc h/u.
After her i had an old rust bucket volvo 345dl, rubbish car!
Then I had two vauxhall cavalier's one standard and one sporty model, nice cars, but nothing special, these were front wheel drive and not much fun!
Next I had a Ford Sierra diesel, nice car, still see it in town economical and slow, boring, i was having a premature mid life crisis when I bought that.
Next car one of my favourites, Peugeot 306 cabriolet, designed by pinifarina, not especially fast, but a real pleasure to drive, best chassis of it's era, I would throw that girl into corners, she never let me down once, summer time with the roof down, what fun! I spent two weeks one winter changing the heat exchanger, as the heating had failed, not a fun job by any standards, whole dashboard had to be removed for access and the put back, millions of screws and clips!
My last car was a 2002 model Ford Focus Diesel estate, all round nice car, one of the most reliable cars ever, nicely designed interiors, superb dashboard and good all round comfort, no slouch either, decent stock audio system, quiet inside, very good economy. Sold this on Sunday to a friend from Bombay. Sad to see her go, probably the best all round car I have owned, but not my favourite.

Regards,

Stefan
Old 18th September 2008, 14:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Tbhp Stefan, what in the lit you are picking up for the safari,by the way that one sweet ride, the safari 2.2. I have been in both the scorpio and the safari [all the models] and the latter wins every time.These were along drives and not test drives, there is no match for the comfort it provides [amogst SUVs].
The Inegnio will be something like Inova.
Hope to catch up with you.
Old 18th September 2008, 14:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Welcome to Tbhp Stefan, what in the lit you are picking up for the safari(Sorry Dinar, I don't underatand?),by the way that one sweet ride, the safari 2.2. I have been in both the scorpio and the safari [all the models] and the latter wins every time.These were along drives and not test drives, there is no match for the comfort it provides [amogst SUVs].
The Inegnio will be something like Inova.
Hope to catch up with you.
Thanks Dinar,

I have test drove the Safari and the Grande, Safari is a very nice drive, the Grande was ok, put the plastic quality of the dashboard etc was terrible and ill fitting and no where to mount a pair of subs. The Safari is a class apart, have been in a Scorpio as a passenger, I didn't like it and found it uncomfortable. Safari all the way, just want to see what the Ingenio looks like, if it warrants any consideration. I have the bonus of a very good friend of mine from Bombay has a cousin who is Head of service for the Tata place in Margao, this should be of great benifit, I have been advised by a driver I was speaking to in Goa in March of this year, he was in a Safari LX model was showing me the car and praising it, he advised always go to Margao for servicing.

Where do you stay in Goa? I will be staying in Candolim, I don't know Goa all that well, I guess as I explore the place will become more familiar.

Regards,

Stefan
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks