Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 00:56   #1
BANNED

hola!

hey people, this is Venkat. I live in Hyderabad [for now]. used to keep seeing, hearing and reading a lot about cars and they fascinated me.
when I was little, I tried my hand on a Jeep and a Maruti 800 [not mine] and wrecked them. was not allowed within spitting distance of a car since. suffice to say, I didnt know how to drive something with a gearshift.
recently, I decided that I had enough of NFS and wanted to be a driver for real. so I wrestled with my ol' man and finally got my paws on his 2006 Esteem. 1 month and 1 major wreck later, I can safely say I'm a driver.
next, I wanted my own car. not just some watered down, ex-showroom piece of crap but something with 'character'. the immediate car that sprung up was the Viper... at which point I woke up and looked around. it came down to 3 choices... RS, Lancer, Old City. had almost bought an RS but realized it was gonna be unjustifiably expensive [finance, interest and stuff]. finally went for a 1.3 Exi OHC with 69K behind it. could not find a decent VTEC. despite the discolored hubcaps and urine-colored body, I can feel 'character' radiating from the car. my sole aim now is to make her as bad as she can get and learn all I can while Im at it... then enlighten others like me.
tBHP looks like Tuner HQ and so, here I am. I'm prepared to travel wherever I have to to realize this dream. hope I've arrived at the right starting point.
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:36   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

That's one wreck too many! I can see why your father didn't let you pilot his Esteem without a fight . Welcome aboard, blacmagic and here is to safe driving.

You obviously had the budget so why didn't you pick up an OHC 1.5 instead? I prefer stock horses to the aftermarket type. Most 1.3's bought for modding have seen their engines swapped to more potent units. I think you should get in touch with Ford Rocam.

Do take a quick pitstop in our board rules section to fully understand our forum policies. See you around the forums.
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:50   #3
BANNED

umm... those wrecks were when I was so small I could barely reach the gas pedal, or more importantly, the brake pedal. took 'emoff the handbrake and ended up rolling backward into something.
the Esteem wreck was a different story. sweeping curve on a reverse banked road, from Udaipur to Ahmedabad, flying slowly at 110 kph, driver who has never experienced a car skid before, all came together to form a nicely wrecked car. the insurance was just about to run out, so I guess it wasnt so bad after all. most importantly, I now know what to watch out for... so it has been a nice learning curve, pun intended.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks