Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 17:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hello people, Prakash here

I have atlast able to have an a/c in my favourite forum.
My name is prakash aka praka123(in some forums).I love riding bikes especially my Bullet . I have been biking and driving from 1998 .My first bike was legendary Yamaha rx100-94 model followed by CD100ss ,Suzuki Fiero(for 6.5 years) pulsar(s) and alas Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 4S .

I like cars although bikes are what I am more enjoying.

at 4AM today ,I went for a trip to Coimbatore(TN) on my bullet,and Just came back exactly at 4PM to my home town - Muvattupuzha(near to ernakulam and kottayam -easy to remember - sabarimala route ).

and ,surprisingly ,it didnt rained at my departure in the morning.so I rode my bullet continuously for the 5.30 hours trip to Karunya Engg college ,30kms from coimbatore (still engg arrears pending :( ) .

and ,believe me! bullet simply dont want breaks !and me too .

but when returning from karunya ,it rained from Palghat till my town :( .

oh! yes the route - Muvattupuzha -Angamali-Trichurbye-pass-palghatbyepass-coimbatore -ukkadam-siruvani route near to saadivayal.total of 210kms one side.and I rode the bike slowly for running-in of new bronze valveguides which is fitted for longer life .

I hope some people will remember me

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd October 2008 at 17:35. Reason: Only two smilies per post, please read the rules before proceeding
Old 24th October 2008, 02:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh another Mallu joins the gang!! Welcome to the forum Prakash!
Old 24th October 2008, 07:52   #3
BHPian

Hi Prakash,

Welcome to the forum, I am also a newbie here. You are into bikes are am into cars, seems like we have got a lot to exchange in between
Old 24th October 2008, 09:10   #4
BHPian

Hey DeepClutch welcome, that was a nice intro cum travelogue.
That's a good bike you have, Ride safe - wear a helmet. Enjoy yourself here, there are tons of car loving bikers here.
Ride ON!

@iraghava - we might soon have a malu sign in from the Moon!! after all that happened 2 days ago?
Malus are everywhere and Kerala is still the most densely populated state - it'll rain havoc if we all decide to come home for a weekend

Last edited by johnda : 24th October 2008 at 09:12.
Old 24th October 2008, 11:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I have atlast able to have an a/c in my favourite forum.
My name is prakash aka praka123(in some forums).I love riding bikes especially my Bullet . I have been biking and driving from 1998 .My first bike was legendary Yamaha rx100-94 model followed by CD100ss ,Suzuki Fiero(for 6.5 years) pulsar(s) and alas Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 4S .

I like cars although bikes are what I am more enjoying.

at 4AM today ,I went for a trip to Coimbatore(TN) on my bullet,and Just came back exactly at 4PM to my home town - Muvattupuzha(near to ernakulam and kottayam -easy to remember - sabarimala route ).

and ,surprisingly ,it didnt rained at my departure in the morning.so I rode my bullet continuously for the 5.30 hours trip to Karunya Engg college ,30kms from coimbatore (still engg arrears pending :( ) .

and ,believe me! bullet simply dont want breaks !and me too .

but when returning from karunya ,it rained from Palghat till my town :( .

oh! yes the route - Muvattupuzha -Angamali-Trichurbye-pass-palghatbyepass-coimbatore -ukkadam-siruvani route near to saadivayal.total of 210kms one side.and I rode the bike slowly for running-in of new bronze valveguides which is fitted for longer life .

I hope some people will remember me
Welcome abroad TBHP.

So you will be the second guy I know who does some less heard mods to Bull (the bronze part).
Old 24th October 2008, 18:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all of you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Welcome abroad TBHP.

So you will be the second guy I know who does some less heard mods to Bull (the bronze part).
dear jkdas ,
well ,the Bullet still comes with cast iron critical parts which is not very good when it comes to reliability.

So,decades back itself ,our mechanics experimented and found that bronze valveguides/tappet guides and adjustable cam spindle for new set of cam gears to solve the cam gear noise etc.

If you read bull expert b.r.gurunandan's article ,that too mention about this:
Cybersteering.com - The Bullet: Mystries & Myths

So ,my local bullet tuner Sunny chettan changed mine also to bronze one and I am following "running-in" for the 3000kms.
this fixes a big part of tappet noise too !

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th October 2008 at 14:56. Reason: Hi Prakash, welcome. Please use spaces only after punctuation, and not before. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks