Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 12:14   #1

Hello bhpians!

Hi guys,
I've been registered for a pretty long time- in 2006 - now, and have been reading with a lot of interest the various posts since then. I think this site has a great wealth of knowledge and car ethusiasts. However, never posted any messages as such. Based in Cochin, am in business - planter, do a fair bit of travelling - mainly self driven or with driver- in Kerala, TN and a bit of Karnataka.
I own a Honda City Vtec and Palio 1.9 D. Just picked up a Chevy Forester recently as well which I think is an amazing car.
Looking forward to connect with many of you,
Caio,
Thomas
Old 31st October 2008, 13:03   #2
BHPian

Hey Thomas, you are sailing in an ocean of knowledge here. Welcome aboard!!! Hope you will have a nice time here.
Old 31st October 2008, 18:25   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Better late than never I say! Nice garage, you own cars that have the strongest fan followings in India. Tell me honestly : Which from the Vtec & Forester do you enjoy driving more?

Welcome.
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:24   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Better late than never I say! Nice garage, you own cars that have the strongest fan followings in India. Tell me honestly : Which from the Vtec & Forester do you enjoy driving more?

Welcome.
Thanks GTO for the welcome!
About the cars, Mine is the NHC Vtec, 2006 model ( not the old vtec which I think you own?) on which I have barely done 21k on the odo. I love for ripping on the highways -well paved ones.
The Forester - this one I have just bought so not driven much on the highways yet. But have driven over the potholed roads in Cochin and the winding roads and estate roads as well. I AM PLEASED as punch I should say. But a laggard at below 2000 rpm...

I would take the forester anyday for the sheer 'go anywhere' feeling and the fantastic ride and handling it gives me. The Vtec does not give such a 'secure' feeling, but pretty good otherwise.

Cheers.
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:27   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosreview View Post
Hey Thomas, you are sailing in an ocean of knowledge here. Welcome aboard!!! Hope you will have a nice time here.
Hi Brosreview, thanks for the welcome! Hope to swim through to most the ocean here

Thomas
Old 4th November 2008, 09:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

hi thejuk,welcome aboard the hoist your sails!!Good luck and safe motoring!
Old 4th November 2008, 18:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Aboard, Thomas. Would love to see you join the gang in one of the 'meets' they organize in Cochin on the spur of the moment.
Old 5th November 2008, 12:41   #8
BHPian

Hi Thomas,

Welcome to T-BHP family.

I m also from Kerala, infact Trivandrum to be specific. Cochin is my second home. My wife is from Cochin. Cochin is famous amongst Bhpian's as the base of turboindia aka Peter.K.Chacko.

Do share your experience and knowledge.

C ya.
Old 5th November 2008, 15:27   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
hi thejuk,welcome aboard the hoist your sails!!Good luck and safe motoring!
Thanks getsurya...up go the sails!

Thanks Steeroid -nice name btw :-) ...will look forward to the Cochin meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to T-BHP family.

I m also from Kerala, infact Trivandrum to be specific. Cochin is my second home. My wife is from Cochin. Cochin is famous amongst Bhpian's as the base of turboindia aka Peter.K.Chacko.

Do share your experience and knowledge.

C ya.
Thnaks swifty 2008, nice to know the Cochin connection...Yes Pete's is famous though I have not met him.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th November 2008 at 15:39.
Old 5th November 2008, 17:40   #10
rippergeo

Hi Thomas, Welcome to TBHP! Meets in cochin are few and far in between these days, we did have a micromini meet last afternoon at foreshore road lasting 10 mins. busy these days, but hopefully we'll M E E T soon.

I'm not self employed anymore, wage earning sucks!
but my sundays are still mine, Mostly

PS- Big fan of the forester! Reviews please!

Old 6th November 2008, 11:20   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Hi Thomas, Welcome to TBHP! Meets in cochin are few and far in between these days, we did have a micromini meet last afternoon at foreshore road lasting 10 mins. busy these days, but hopefully we'll M E E T soon.

I'm not self employed anymore, wage earning sucks!
but my sundays are still mine, Mostly

PS- Big fan of the forester! Reviews please!
Hi rippergeo, thanks. Just had the forester for a couple of weeks now and drove once on to Kottayam. Having driven the Palio 1.9 for a good 4 years before selling it last week, it took some time to get used to the size of the forester. This one feels pretty big- wide - inside, and carefully planned manouvers were the order of the day. However, it felt good on potholed roads, the car barely registers any usual shocks through to the driver. The handling - that's something else... this felt well planted on all kinds of surfaces and I took the liberty of throwing it around a few corners which it did very well. Cheers to the Subaru AWD
Old 6th November 2008, 21:59   #12
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuk View Post
Hi rippergeo, thanks. Just had the forester for a couple of weeks now and drove once on to Kottayam. Having driven the Palio 1.9 for a good 4 years before selling it last week, it took some time to get used to the size of the forester. This one feels pretty big- wide - inside, and carefully planned manouvers were the order of the day. However, it felt good on potholed roads, the car barely registers any usual shocks through to the driver. The handling - that's something else... this felt well planted on all kinds of surfaces and I took the liberty of throwing it around a few corners which it did very well. Cheers to the Subaru AWD
You're not getting away with that measly paragraph. more juicy details, in a whole new thread. Vicarious thrills is all I can ask for these days.

Old 7th November 2008, 20:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi thejuk
Welcome to team-bhp. I too own a Forester. Would look forword to exchange views/information.
Old 8th November 2008, 11:19   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Hi thejuk
Welcome to team-bhp. I too own a Forester. Would look forword to exchange views/information.
Hi Guna, thanks.
I posted a thread on tyres for the forester, but no replies so far. Any info from your side?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks