Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 09:43   #1

Hello BHPians!!

Hi there, thank you for letting me in!!!! I have to really thank all of you because couple of my travels by bike to Hampi and to Nagarjuna Sagar, I took help from the forums. Absolutely amazing information, accurate. After that It was Coorg and Kollam, well Shasthamkota actually.

I want to share my experiences of my Coorg trip.

It was just a fantabulous experience, this time I traveled with my friend and colleague Raghu

"Enthralling views, shrill-voiced insects going about their business, energized plantation workers whizzing about, doing their chores, the ubiquitous tourists, who are always in various stages of disarray..... These are the ingredients that constitute my long-standing romance with Coorg and the place I stayed. I and my friend Raghu from Events & Promotions stayed in a place called Honey Valley Home stay in Kabbina Kad.

I was bitten by the nature bug as a child when I eagerly awaited my annual holidays to go to another exotic location. The place factor was all important, and if you are lucky enough to go places like Kodai or Ooty, you always wore the begrimed smile! As a city slicker I loved gaping at the vast expanses of emerald green hills with miniature hills that loomed out of nowhere.

Luxury? That is solely for the lily-livered fold who do not want to experience the real India with its sights, smells and sorts, et al!! We stayed in a forest hut, which was more than comfortable. The local food sent us into raptures - there was something magical about eating puttu, kadalai, and various dishes. To top it, the hospitality showered by the owners Mr. Suresh Chengappa and Mrs.Sushila Chengappa and their son, ever present Sharath. The amazing drink in the evening, under cool sky with the bonfire and hot chicken fry to go with Mmmm! Yummy...these constituted the mere prelude to the main meal, Raghu on the other hand is a teetotaler, end of the day I think he drank three cups of tea, totally.

Traveling through the Western Ghats is an exhilarating experience. Miles of tracks entwining the hills in a serpentine fashion with millions of hairpin bends - all amidst the profusion of greenery so common to the area.

Raghu, ever the extrovert, managed to strike up a conversation with people as varied as a shy Bengali babe and with an effervescent nature photographer Vijay. I on the other hand was talking to people from Nokia R&D, common grievances aired and panaceas suggested.

Clouds touching the mountain tops, rainbow-hued flowers, lush plains.....I couldn’t get enough of this visual feast from Coorg. Even an interminable rain, couldn't change my mind about the place. To me, Coorg shall always be synonymous with adventure and excitement. To all those about to embark on an environmental journey, stow away your laptops, switch off your mobiles and let Coorg work its magic on you!".

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags have been removed from this post
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th November 2008 at 10:11. Reason: see note in Post
Old 10th November 2008, 12:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Taita, welcome to T-BHP. Enjoy your stay here.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:40   #3
BHPian

Hey Taita!! Welcome Aboard!! Do check out the rules at the announcements section. It helps!!
Old 10th November 2008, 14:00   #4
BHPian

Hi Taita, welcome to Team-BHP family. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Old 10th November 2008, 14:27   #5
BHPian

Hello,

A warm welcome to the T-BHP family.

We will be looking forward to your trip write-ups.

Please go through the rule before posting. This forum is strictly moderated.

Hope you will enjoy your stay.

C Ya.
Old 10th November 2008, 16:33   #6
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP Taita. I can see from your handle that you are also a fan of Wilbur Smith and his "Warlock" series.
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:49   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmist View Post
Welcome to TBHP Taita. I can see from your handle that you are also a fan of Wilbur Smith and his "Warlock" series.
Yeah! Kurmist, I have read "The River God", and its sequels "The Seventh Scroll", then it was "Warlock", now it is "Quest". Fantastic writing. I am interested in egyptology and I watch all the programs pertaining to Egypt in Discovery and NGC. Mystical and full of intrigues. How about you?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks