Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2005, 21:38   #16
BHPian

The story of Jetta->GS300->M800-> ?

friends,

thank you all for all these welcome messages!

Here's my story

I bought a VW Jetta as my first car in US. got it with stick shift (all my colleagues tried their best to stop me they all went the traditional route of used corolla/civic automatic).

Anyways, it was fun! Jetta was (relatively!) a bit under powered, at 120bhp. But with stick shift, it didnt matter...i just loved merging with freeways..!

then came the boom time..(remember, it was year 2000!)...NASDAQ went to 5000+..cashed in some of my stock options went straight to the nearest Lexus showroom - i was thinking of ES300..but fell in love with GS300 200bhp, power everything...the works!..man i will tell you, it was something! i took it on freeways, drove to adirondacks, shenandoah...all over north east..!

well..what goes up...
came down. bubble bust...tech meltdown..
and my company decided to move people back..
So i moved back to good ol' Bangalore...sold me lexus at $5000 loss.
After coming back, i was confused....i wanted to buy a flat. So first a bought a Hero Honda Splendor (yeah, thats right..Lexus to Splendor). Didnt buy a car.
Bought my M800 after i moved into my Apartment.

so thats it friends..! you have to take what life gives you..
but dont think i feel like a loser..i just loved all these experiences..and i just love my M800!

(BTW, i am planning to upgrade..will give update on my search..mostly Baleno...or if my company gives me good pay hike , maybe Optra.)

Last edited by GS300 : 9th April 2005 at 21:49.
Old 10th April 2005, 02:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey GS300

Welcome to tbhp! Look at the bright side man......you got your own place........better cars will come soon. Also you have the most "parkable" car of 'em all. Post some pics of the GS and Jetta that you had.

If you want to re-live your Jetta experience in India, look for a Skoda Octavia Petrol. Its identical under the skin, has the same 2L, 8V 120bhp engine and even the interior is a xerox copy except for the VW badges. The petrols are not really sought after and therefore used ones can be had quite cheap. Other tbhpians can give you ideas on prices.

Quote:
understand your pain, I mean really. Last year I moved from Acura 3.2 TL to an automatic Santro
Samurai/GS300
Totally with you guys on this one . For the same reason, my R2I plans are on hold as of now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks