Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 13:34   #1
BHPian

Hello everyone

First let me get it off my chest by saying that I have been constantly visiting Team-BHP for close to 2 years, getting info but never giving my 2 cents or returning the favour. Family and work were keeping me busy to get online and interact with other members. So finally here I am, and Boy am I excited to actively start participating in the forum.

I am 32 years old, Bangalorean turned temporary-Hyderabadi. My interest lies in all kind of wheelers trust me when I say it, I love the humble bicycle to an SUV(not over that). The first time I can recall any kind vehicle was my dad’s Yezdi, 250CC of pure 2-stroke fun in rural Karnataka, I was actually sitting on the tank, 2 years old enjoyed every bit of it. I have owned a Hero-Puch, Kinetic Honda, RD – 350 LT, Maruti800. I currently have a Trek bicycle, Honda Activa, Esteem VXi and a borrowed Yamaha Enticer, sometimes I drive a Optra Magnum and a Fusion. I am giving up my well maintained, 5 year old 37K driven Esteem to my dad and hopefully buy something more exciting soon.

I work in the IT sector in project management and delivery, as many out here can imagine your desk becomes part of your body. Whenever I do get the time, I take off on long drives. My wife is a very good navigator and she is more than happy to sit in the car of course not drive. The best drive I had was from Bangalore to Mumbai in 17 hours single handed in Jan 2006(so far that is) in my Esteem. Recently I had been to Hampi on a 4 day trip, I will put up some pictures and full road trip.
Its great to be here and hope to share lot if info, good moments and most importantly great tips.
Old 25th November 2008, 15:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Downsouth,

Welcome to TBHP! Through ages you enjoyed the best piece of cake, hope your stable would welcome a new workhorse soon. What would it be?

Last edited by jacs : 25th November 2008 at 15:48.
Old 25th November 2008, 18:55   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Neat intro, I foresee active participation on threads related to 2 wheels as well as 4. Your urban running isn't really high (37K in 5 years), but I guess the Magnum is the current highway car? Great car for long distance touring.

Welcome. Do take a quick pitstop by our board rules announcement.
Old 25th November 2008, 20:30   #4
BHPian

Welcome DownSouth. I like your Signature as well. Hope to see you around.
Old 26th November 2008, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Thanks guys

Thanks for welcome messages guys

@jacs well I hope to have another car soon, and I am sure all the info on TBHP will help me on my journey of buying a new one

@GTO good to see a message from you, I hope I can give my 2 cents worth on the board. Well actually I have been very lucky to live close to my work, so don’t get to drive much. 70% of it is highway and I am very conscious about the environment(I know it is clichéd) but I do make up for the miles on my Trek bicycle. The magnum rocks but guess what, that’s the office car and the driver enjoys it more than I do . Anyway driving in Hyderabad is a nightmare.

@HotChillyPepper a fellow magnum owner, that’s nice. My signature shows my love for Dogs and the never ending strip of blacktop

Cheers
Old 27th November 2008, 11:43   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard - interesting intro! I'm a lurker who has recently found a voice too. Have done that trip to Hampi - in the monsoons - was almost ethereal
Old 29th November 2008, 18:32   #7
BHPian

@amip

Yeah it was a nice trip, I had not been out with my car for almost a year. I also happen to be born close to a town near Hampi, Hospet. So it was a dual purpose trip, one to show my wife Hampi and Hospet and another for me to spend some time on the long black strip.
Old 1st December 2008, 09:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi Downsouth, welcome aboard TBHP! Good to have you here and am sure we all shall benefit from each others experiences. Happy Motoring!
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:38   #9
BHPian

@getsurya

Thanks, I noticed that you are from Hyderabad as well. Its nice to meet Hyderabadis. There is a meet up happening in Fortune Katria. Are you joining the party?
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi Downsouth, Yes, I would be there for the FK meet!! See you around.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks