Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 11:39   #1

On the road again

said Willie Nelson, when he wanted to say goodbye. Or hello. Didn't matter much to him, as long as he was on the road again.

So hello, said I. I joined Team-BHP around 6 months ago, around the time I knew I wanted to get rid of my old Zen, my loyal though overused vehicle. It helped that I had a desk job at an IT company in Mumbai (Capgemini India Consulting Pvt. Ltd.), and they were willing to let me use their time and bandwidth to find out what people are driving at when they are not driving.

The sanitary details: I am male, 28 years, single, living in Mumbai. I do not know a lot about cars, though I was interested in them pretty early. My grandfather was based in Nepal once upon a time and I remember being allowed to steer his Nissan Sunny around the backyard when I was 13 or so. I think I would happily buy that car if I could. To date, Nissan remains one of my favourite carmakers and we were briefly reunited when I was in the US for a short while and my fried and I rented out an Infiniti to drive across Delaware into Virginia.

Yesterday, after a lot of research (I mean after a lot of time on Team-BHP) I booked a Palio 1.6 Sport. Will post more on that experience later.

For now, good to be part of this forum, glad to know you people, great to see so many of us sharing their thoughts/views/experiences/opinions/wisecracks.

Here I am,
Shashi.
Old 27th November 2008, 14:30   #2
BHPian

Welcome to Team Bhp Shashi! Good choice of car
Old 27th November 2008, 17:35   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Shashi!
from another 28 year old male whose name happens to be Shashi
I never rented an infiniti but did manage a nissan Altima.

-Shashi
Old 29th November 2008, 11:37   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
To date, Nissan remains one of my favourite carmakers
And what better car than the awesome GT-R to reinforce that bonding you share with Nissan! Hunt around the forum for India sightings.

Welcome to our community, Shashi. The Palio 1.6 is a heck of a hatch, I only hope you got a good deal (and chose RED). Do take a quick pitstop by our board rules section to familiarise yourself with our policies. See ya!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks