Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 23:11   #1
BHPian

Houdy! The new petrohead in town!

Hella fello bhpians,
My name is shiv shankar, im a engineering student, from kerala (yeah another mallu in the house).

When it comes to cars, ive started stearing the monster sitting on my dads lap since i was 10 years of age. 1st solo drive was when i was 15, my grand pa was seriously ill and my dad was not home, so i took him to the hospital (really tensed situation, with my mom trusting me, i should not really joke about it now!) since then my dad trused me and allowed me to drive, i could bearley reach the pedals back then.

After that i had many passons, phtography, webdesigning ( online portfolio - Shiv Shankar Menon :: 180studios.in ) but one thing that remained constand is the passon to drive.

Team-BHP was googles gift to me. I am less of a social guy (please trust me, dont point out to me the the no of facebook contacts i have) Since then ive been reading almost all the best threads rated by the admins and ive been really improving the technical side. Also ive started to follow maintainance tips and started to maintain my car well.

The cars my dad ownes/d (The right way to put it) -

Fiat (87 when i was born, sold)
Maruti Omni (1st car i drove, sold)
Santro (Sold)
Opel Corsa (Dad's, For sale) and Santro Zing (Mom's)
Volkswagen Jetta (Diesel 6 gear Automatic Sport verson with paddle shift, booked)

Last but not the least im proud to be a BHP-ian !! The posts are really good. I wish i could contribute too. But im such a kiddo when it comes to expressing things!!

Last edited by aah78 : 10th December 2008 at 02:36. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post.
Old 10th December 2008, 01:19   #2
BHPian

Hey Petrohead! Welcome to Team-Bhp. I thought you might be a petrol freak but your recent booked car is a diesel one . Hope you'll have fun here and on the road.
Old 12th December 2008, 02:35   #3
BHPian

Welcome, and congratulations on the Jetta. Believe you me, the DSG is the best automatic box that money can buy. The shift quality & timing is seamless...even an enthusiast can't tell when it is going up & down the ratios.

We'd appreciate you stopping by and familiarising yourself with our board rules. See ya!
Old 12th December 2008, 10:33   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the community petrohead.Enjoy your stay here and do remember to go through the rules before posting(I'm a noob and did that myself too ).Good choice with the Jetta,congrats
Old 12th December 2008, 12:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

mm..welcome..nice place..love the Bakel fort. now you own a Jet!! enjoy.
Old 13th December 2008, 21:25   #6
BHPian

Thank you guys. I really need to make my way around because i cant use most of the functions it says i have less permission.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks