Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 20:42   #1

folks

After a few posts, it's time to admit that am not automobile buff. In the last fifteen years, I have grown alongside auto journalists running around the office whining engine tunes. I wrote about money but all the good looking girls hung around those unkempt dudes in office. This is not an effort to set right the last fact, but I have truly grown to like cars. These days am into everything cars - technology, history, design - you name it. It’s a shame though I started liking cars late even though there were two seniors in the family who worked as auto engineers in Premier Auto in the 70s and 80s. My fascination till recently was for bikes. Started off with a Rajdoot, went on to Yezdi, then to RD 350 to RX100 and now I own an early model of the bullet maschimo with AVL engine, A-350.

A fortnight ago, I got my first car. A 1968 Fiat 1100D, which I bought last month in Tamil Nadu. The car, with forest green original paint intact and windscreen hood, has 84000 on its speedo and from the looks of it, is going to be a long term companion. My family has not had a car in the last four decades having sold off a Plymouth, a Morris and finally a Standard. I can only remember the last one from my childhood days, going with my dad on odd days standing on the front seat.

I like this place. It has that familiarity, boyishness and quirk that is easy to hang around with. Am going to do my best around but am also keen to somehow make driving a pleasure. On my mind these days is to find a way to discourage people from honking and driving without waiting for others at signals, junctions and intersections. Is a social campaign possible? Can we get like minded people to work on a creative and get leading icons to show uncool honking and not waiting for others is? I will greatly appreciate any ideas and help on this count too.

Other than that, I like sailing and rock climbing. I also like flea markets and hang around them when I find the time. You can also find me at odd garages, tool shops and yards seeing the way things work.

Suri
Attached Thumbnails
folks-imag0059.jpg  

folks-imag0058.jpg  

Old 11th December 2008, 10:53   #2
BHPian

That's a great loooking car. Have a soft spot for those Fiats and Premier Padminis as I learnt on them. And those green shades are not very common now - pity.
Old 11th December 2008, 14:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard, that was a lovely intro. Sounds like you'll fit right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2555 View Post
A fortnight ago, I got my first car. A 1968 Fiat 1100D, which I bought last month in Tamil Nadu. The car, with forest green original paint intact and windscreen hood, has 84000 on its speedo and from the looks of it, is going to be a long term companion.
There are many Fiat fans and gurus on the forum, keep an eye open in the Vintage and Classic Cars Section. Since you are Bombay based, watch this thread closely. We meet every month.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...mumbai-86.html

The car looks very healthy, though I can be quite certain that the paint isn't original. I don't believe it could have lasted so well for so long. Enjoy your new acquisition, and feel free to ask for help.
Cheers
Karl
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks