Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2008, 20:57   #1
BHPian

BONJOUR BHPians!

I am Vikas from the beautiful PINK CITY, Jaipur. Well, the reason for the French hello was to highlight my interest in French cars. Have always admired the Peugeots, Citroens and Renaults for their unique design sensibilities. These cars were unusual, very stylish, robust and radically different from their contemporaries, more so during the 1980s.

These opening lines define one imporant part of me... I like being - different(Okay, please don't stretch your imagination too far!). What I mean is I don't prefer stuff available "off-the-shelf". This mentality usually extends to my wardrobe (most of my shirts are my own designs which my tailor stitches), shoes (I own a shocking red pair of DIESEL sneakers, which usually attract attention on party nights), watches (except for the few better brands I possess, all my Timex and Esprits have unusual straps)...and cars, to some extent (please refer to my '62 Standard Herald convertible in the classic cars thread).

For those who have by now, imagined me to be some gawky wierdo, please do not form that opinion! I am a sane, sober guy, hit the gym regularly and am usually complimented for my stylish tastes and color-coordination abilities (a fashion tip for winters: wear your bright colored t-shirt untucked beneath a dark brown /black pullover... the bright color band that shows below the sweater hem looks great! Team up with beige trousers or denims).

I am no fashion designer, but do have a keen sense of design - be it architeture, interiors, crockery - and most inportantly - cars. God has been kind to bless me with a loving family to fall back on and let me be in a creative field (my line is jewelry and handicraft export). I am on the plus side of thirty, have a doting wife and a toddler son.

About my passion for cars... guess I was born with it. Used to note down regn. nos of cars as a passtime when I was five. Later used to sketch cars and ask people to identify them (and they did!). Now I find myself usually sketching and planning bodystyle modifications of stock cars that ply Indian roads! (DC - you have competition!)

I am addicted to convertibles right from the '60s Chevys to the present day retractable hard-top Beemers. My dream car at present is the 2008 BMW M3 hard-top convertible - it is a sportscar that seats 4 adults, has the highlife image, and at the tip of a button, becomes your fun car for the weekends. Stunning looks is an added plus!

I hope to be of some help to fellow members and do look forward to your co-operation in my car projects and fantasies!
Old 14th December 2008, 20:23   #2
BHPian

Excellent intro Vikas. Welcome to Team-BHP

Now I know who to call to get good jewellery for gifts
Old 14th December 2008, 21:54   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Vikas and yes we do look forward to your projects, refreshing intro. Have a great stay
Old 14th December 2008, 21:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro Vikas. You have some taste there. Do go through the rules to make the forum work better for you. What car is your daily drive apart from your Herald?

Welcome to Team BHP
Old 14th December 2008, 23:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Bonjour Vikas !
Your taste for beauty matches your abilities as a wordsmith !! Welcome to Team BHP, from a fellow admirer of French cars..
Old 15th December 2008, 14:54   #6
BHPian

Thanks Dippy, for your warm welcome. Ours is a large family with a joint business set-up. So we have a Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor (which I drive), a Sonata 2.7 V6 auto, a Ford Ikon 1.8D, a Fiat Palio 1.9D. Growing needs now call for two more cars, but am quite depressed with the new breed of cars (please refer to my controversial thread - "mirror mirror on the wall, who is the ugliest of them all").

Thanks Srijit, you are most welcome for all your jewelry needs!

Super Select and Jaggu, love you guys!

Will surely be posting some debatable threads very shortly... and pics of my cars too, but I would like to to so once I am eligible as a BHP-ian, not as a newbie.

Thank you all for appreciating my intro (couldn't have 'dared' to be callous due to the hawk-eyes of moderators!)

Cheers, Vikas
Old 15th December 2008, 15:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Vikas, welcome to Team BHP. Now that has to be simply the BEST intro that I've seen on this forum - very "different"

Enjoy your stay here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
Used to note down regn. nos of cars as a passtime when I was five.
That brings back similar childhood memories
Old 15th December 2008, 17:26   #8
BHPian

Hi Vikas,
Good to hear from somebody from my home town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
(my line is jewelry and handicraft export).
Now that seems to be something in common in what I do.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:40   #9
BHPian

thanks "no limit"! it seems there is no limit to god's blessings on you as far as driving pleasure is concerned! by the way, i am a loyal fan of cars wearing the star. but i am more into dignified, mature ladies... my love of life is the 1985 500 SEL... now if only she knew and reciprocated!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks