Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2008, 17:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

My introduction after 65 posts

Hi !

I got a link from Orkut about Team-BHP. And I got stunned after visiting here. So much for auto lovers.

I am 36 (I hope am not too old to be part of the team) and live in Delhi (Rohini) with my wife and parents (planning to shift in Gurgaon in April’09 where I have bought an apartment on Sohna Road). I am doing my business (with 3 friends turned associates) of distribution and retailing of premium brand footwear (EGLE & Homme) across the country.

About my rides.

I bought my first bike in 1992. It was a second hand Yamaha RX-100. Earlier I used to enjoy my brother’s scooter once in a while. I learned good driving of scooter at the age of 16.

I used RX-100 for almost 8-9 months. In mid 1993, a cousin of mine bought Suzuki Shogun and what a bike that was. It was not officially launched. The next day, I went with him and bought myself a Suzuki Shogun. Those were the days, many people (including Maruti 800s) used to stop me and ask if which model was it, or was it imported? Had a proud feeling of owning something special. Enjoyed Shogun from 1993 to 1996. After that from 1996 to 1997 I had a Hero Honda Splendor. (Just to clarify that everything I bought was from my own money with no help from parents whatsoever)

In 1997, I bought my dream first car, a 1992 model Dark Blue Maruti 800. You all can imagine the feeling of the first car. Ultimate. In 1998, I bought a friend’s White Maruti Zen (1995) and it was the best small car of those days. In 2000, I gave that car to my brother (he still uses it) and bought myself a used Black Cielo. But due to parking problems, I sold that off and bought again a ZEN-VX (98 model Golden Beige). In 2002, I sold the Zen and bought M. Esteem VX (1999). After that I got myself a Brand New Honda City 1.3 DX (Silver) in May’03.

In Auto Expo 2006, I saw Honda Civic and decided that this will be my future car. So, the day it was launched I booked a White MT which I later on changed to AT.

I was enjoying all my rides so far. I was looking for a used small car (Santro/Wagon-R, did not want a Zen as I used it for 4 years and I wanted a change) for quite sometime now because there are some places I cannot go in Civic. It was killing my social life. Moreover my wife (housewife) can also drive, so a small car would have been very helpful.

Last month in my current home (I shifted here in 2002), all of a sudden, parking problems appeared. My adjoining home was vacant for last 6 years but now the landlord gave it on rent and not to one family. There were two, one has Wagon-R and the other one has an Accent.

So, as usual in Delhi, parking limits/boundaries defined, and the outcome – I cannot park my Civic outside my home. So, somehow arranged to park my Civic in my office building’s basement parking (just half kilometer from my home).

Now I desperately wanted a small car. Being on tight budget, I wanted a used one. My brother-in-law was planning to change his Zen LXi (2003) for quite sometime and would have done it in Jan’2009 but looking at our problem, he bought an i10 Era and gave me his Zen on 19th November, 2008. Initially, I liked it, but after driving good cars for last few years, I am somehow not feeling comfortable with a 5 year old Zen even it is in very good condition. My brother-in-law is a thorough gentleman and simple man, I think he never exceeded 80kmph.

Now, I am looking for a new small car i10/Santro/Wagon-R/Estilo/Spark, etc. etc. I don’t mind a used Santro/Wagon-R also (max 2-3 years old) but it is very difficult to get from a known source and I do not want to buy a used car from the dealer.

So, my search brought me to Team-BHP and it is like heaven to have so many opinion/suggestion. Now, I feel addicted with this forum.

Hope, to be here to give and take suggestion and meeting with Delhi guys.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Regards,
MG

PS: Modes, I have requested you to please change my user name to “mgdelhi” which is also my yahoo ID. Please do it. Thanks.
Old 21st December 2008, 07:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

welcome.

Hello!
Welcome to Team-BHP. Better a late intro, than never.

Glad to have another car fanatic on-board.

Unfortunately, user names can't be changed once registered.
Old 21st December 2008, 10:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy for the warm welcome
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks