Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 11:05   #1

Hello from Canada

Hello Team BHP members

My name is Paulo and I have just joined your forum from Canada!!

As an FYI, I am not indian,not that it matters,but I make this point for the next comments,I looked over your forums,especially your 4x4 forum and I have to say that your car community is probably one of the best "bodger",backyard fixer,"I just have to make this work","I'm sire this will fit if we try..." type of community I have ever seen.

I and I say this with no disrespect intended!!

Living in a place such as Canada or the USA,where all we have to do to modify or maintain our cars is as easy as opening a catalog or doing a little google search is a breeze compared to some of the things I have seen your forum member perform on there vehicles,I take my hat off to you all.

As for some of your local craftsmen,man I would love to have access to one of these guys near me!!! Fantastic work and ingenuity,you should be proud of what you accomplish and how you get it done.

My main reason for searching is the following,I have imported many cars from Japan over the last few years and I have fallen in love with one that my wife had though I had fallen on my head........,Its a 1980 Mitsubishi Jeep J44,what I think you guys call a long wheel base Jeep.

Its powered by a 2.7 Diesel 4 Cyl,with a 4 speed column shift gearbox,very similar to your M&M products and very closely replated to the CJ3B.

Not very many here know about the Mitsubishi Jeep (in Canada) but from what I have discovered it is quite popular in Sri Lanka,I am despretly trying to obtain an emgine manual for it (4DR5 Diesel as used in Canter truck ect) in case I ever need to perform any work on it,though it seems quite a simple motor all in all (something I very much cherish,compared to the complicated crap we have here in North America). So if you have a source you can send me to ,please let me know.

The rest of the Jeep seems very similar to what you guys have over there as well,so from time to time I may bug you guys for advise.

I also run a performance shop here in Montreal Canada(Not my living,but something I do on the side for pleasure),so if anyone has a need for some North American items please let me know via PM and I promise you the best pricing possible,but shipping you might have to help me out on( or if Team BHP wants to do a group buy in order to bulk ship ect).

I leave you with a few pictures of my Jeep when it was purchased sight unseen in Japan(not bad for a 28 year old vehicle eh? with 43000Kms on the clock only!) Thats how it looked when it was bought,since it arrived I had to change the wheels(these were tube type and the tires dry rotted,and we dont have tube tires very easy here anymore) and I left it with a buddy who owns a body shop and he repainted it while I was away on Holiday (Lamorghini Yellow!!) He picked it,but I love it!,and no more canvas cover(it was very dry and cracked from the ocean voyage).No holes in the body and no plastic fill,just sanded and painted.(I dont have any pictures yet of the repaint and its stored right now for the winter..........we presently have about 4 feet of snow on the lawn and tonight its dropping down to -30C!)

Heres some pictures,and keep up the excellent work

Best Regards

Paulo Nunes
Montreal Canada
rydz garage

Old 14th January 2009, 12:44   #2
rippergeo

Good thing you told us its a Mitsubishi, I was sure that it was a Mahindra till I read through the post.
Nice nick- japjeep.
Welcome to team BHP

Old 14th January 2009, 16:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! I was thinking its the Tempo trax Challenger! Welcome aboard Paulo.
Old 14th January 2009, 16:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good thing you told us its a Mitsubishi, I was sure that it was a Mahindra

Welcome to the forum, Paulo.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed