Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 12:21   #1
BHPian

Hello all!

Hey guys,

A big hello to all from Atlanta, GA. My parents are from India but I've spent most of my life in the US. I've always been a car enthusiast and earlier last year I got to drive my first Maruti in India. Shifting with my left hand was the hardest thing I've every done - I couldn't even get the gears right all the time!

I am thrilled to join this car forum. Its exciting to see so many enthusiasts gathered despite the challenges (both monetary and otherwise) that the Indian government seems to throw at the auto enthusiast in the form of taxes and bribs. I'm also incredibly glad the days of the Fiat and Ambassador cars have passed and people are better models are available.

If only the smoky auto rickshaws would dig their own graves and stop polluting the hell out of the air...

I'm blessed with the opportunity to own one of the faster cars on the market and thought I'd share a couple of pictures as well.

2008 Corvette Z06
Power: 505 HP @ 6300 rpm and 470 ft·lbf (637 N·m) @ 4800 rpm.
Weight 3130lb /1425Kg

Hello all!-_mg_6391.jpg
Dont ask me where this was taken - its not my car - just an exact replica!

Hello all!-cm.jpg
This however is my car when I was taking delivery last year. I picked it up from the Corvette museum after a tour of the factory where I watched them make these cars. It was lot of fun, but I forgot to take a decent camera.

Hello all!-side.jpg

-Atlblkz06

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2009 at 10:39.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:25   #2
BHPian

Hey Atlblkz06,

Welcome to the Forum Mate!!!cheers:

Hot Ride u have there!!! Dream Cars for many!!!

Do share your views and Reports about her buddy.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:05   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, Atlblkz06. I gotta say, thats an awesome set of wheels. Am a self-confessed fan of 'Vettes and the sheer bang for the buck that they offer. We actually have some other NRI members too, who own Corvettes. The factory delivery option is the only way to take delivery. How about a thread on the experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 View Post
Its exciting to see so many enthusiasts gathered despite the challenges (both monetary and otherwise) that the Indian government seems to throw at the auto enthusiast in the form of taxes and bribs.
Tell us about it. We'd pay more money for an E280 than you did for your Z06.

Do take a quick pitstop by the board rules section. See you around the forums!
Old 16th January 2009, 22:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard,Atl.
Sweet ride you've got there!

Enjoy your stay here..
Old 16th January 2009, 22:19   #5
BHPian

Sure thing, I'll put together a thread on my experiences. Its kinda funny that most Indians here will prefer to buy an Accord or Camry despite their wealth, and I see Lambos and Ferraris in cities like Bombay and Delhi!. I think all the Indian auto enthusiasts are still in India lol

If someone could tell me how to edit my thread, it'd be great. I have a few repeated pictures and I'd like to fix that.

Thanks!
Ram
Old 16th January 2009, 22:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard, Nice set of wheels you got there. Do write about your experience with the car.
Old 17th January 2009, 10:40   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 View Post
If someone could tell me how to edit my thread, it'd be great. I have a few repeated pictures and I'd like to fix that.
No sweat, taken care of. Please use the "report this post to a moderator" functionality for future edit requests.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks