Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 00:41   #1
sps
BHPian

Hello, from a newbie @ Trivandrum & my car-istory

At last I also became part of where I longed to belong . Even though I had been reading and taking advices of lots of members from their posts in Team BHP, somehow I couldn't be part of this dynamic forum of auto enthusiasts. Posting any auto related query in Google is sure to have a result from this forum, which gradually led me to directly use Team-BHP search for any auto related queries.
This is my first post in Team-BHP and I thought it is better to have an introductory post before starting posting messages.
About me, I am in R&D wing of a government firm for the last 10 years after my graduation.
My first car was the most popular maruti 800, which was welcomed to my home in 2001. A golden color one which I thought of as a second home, because whenever I go on long trips, I feel at home when inside my car. I thought that this is the ultimate luxury I can get in car, since I was not a person who used to usually travel in cars. My main mode of transport was bicycles and later on motorcycles starting from a good old yezdi, then a shogun and now a bullet. Infact bulleting is another of my passion & never misses an opportunity for a long bullet ride when I have to travel alone and whenever possible joins for group rides along with other fellow responsible bulletteers in my town who came together under the banner of Silver Bullets riding club.
There was a time when I used to think why people buy big sedans at such a high price when we get all the luxury in a maruthi. One thing I can say is that - in a family where there is no car, after the first car is bought, life will be never the same again. My maruthi played its part wonderfully well - in my love life, during my marriage, in my initial days of parenthood and so on. Soon I started realizing the difference between a maruthi and a santro, a hatch and a sedan, an SUV and an MUV. Slowly I too began thinking about upgradation and soon I upgraded to a Hyundai Santro Xing after parting with my emotionally attached Maruthi 800.
I realized that I have a powerful hatch in my hand. My long distance tours became a pleasure.
But as time progressed my kid grew, another little one came to our family and the Santro was not able to accommodate all, my needs for BHP increased. My search started. At this point T-BHP came to picture. Some of the members of T-BHP are quite familiar to me by way of their posts like btirthankar, jkdas, akshay1234 to name a few. After lots of research/test drives, I bought a reliable MUV, Innova, but this time without parting my zippy Santro. I plan to start a new thread on my initial ownership experiences and travelogues. I just typed in what came in my mind. Don’t know whether this is what is intended for the intro message. Thanks for all the posts in this forum and brains behind creation and administration of this site, because this site is really helping out a lot of people around on deciding a car even if they are not members .
Old 21st January 2009, 01:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome. and that's a nice bullet you've got there
Old 21st January 2009, 07:22   #3

Welcome... nice writeup...and definitely agree with that maruti 800 owners do get emotionally attached to that car. It is the best car of times cosidering economic conditions...... I too had one a green one which came to our family in 2000 June. I learned to drive in that car.
Old 21st January 2009, 07:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome!

800 -> Santro -> Innova. What next?
Old 21st January 2009, 08:24   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
At last I also became part of where I longed to belong . Even though I had been reading and taking advices of lots of members from their posts in Team BHP, somehow I couldn't be part of this dynamic forum of auto enthusiasts. Posting any auto related query in Google is sure to have a result from this forum, which gradually led me to directly use Team-BHP search for any auto related queries.
This is my first post in Team-BHP and I thought it is better to have an introductory post before starting posting messages.
About me, I am in R&D wing of a government firm for the last 10 years after my graduation.
My first car was the most popular maruti 800, which was welcomed to my home in 2001. A golden color one which I thought of as a second home, because whenever I go on long trips, I feel at home when inside my car. I thought that this is the ultimate luxury I can get in car, since I was not a person who used to usually travel in cars. My main mode of transport was bicycles and later on motorcycles starting from a good old yezdi, then a shogun and now a bullet. Infact bulleting is another of my passion & never misses an opportunity for a long bullet ride when I have to travel alone and whenever possible joins for group rides along with other fellow responsible bulletteers in my town who came together under the banner of Silver Bullets riding club.
There was a time when I used to think why people buy big sedans at such a high price when we get all the luxury in a maruthi. One thing I can say is that - in a family where there is no car, after the first car is bought, life will be never the same again. My maruthi played its part wonderfully well - in my love life, during my marriage, in my initial days of parenthood and so on. Soon I started realizing the difference between a maruthi and a santro, a hatch and a sedan, an SUV and an MUV. Slowly I too began thinking about upgradation and soon I upgraded to a Hyundai Santro Xing after parting with my emotionally attached Maruthi 800.
I realized that I have a powerful hatch in my hand. My long distance tours became a pleasure.
But as time progressed my kid grew, another little one came to our family and the Santro was not able to accommodate all, my needs for BHP increased. My search started. At this point T-BHP came to picture. Some of the members of T-BHP are quite familiar to me by way of their posts like btirthankar, jkdas, akshay1234 to name a few. After lots of research/test drives, I bought a reliable MUV, Innova, but this time without parting my zippy Santro. I plan to start a new thread on my initial ownership experiences and travelogues. I just typed in what came in my mind. Don’t know whether this is what is intended for the intro message. Thanks for all the posts in this forum and brains behind creation and administration of this site, because this site is really helping out a lot of people around on deciding a car even if they are not members .
Nice intro. Shows how we all grow in so many different ways. Family, other responsibilities, bikes and cars

Welcome to TBHP dude.

Cheers!
Old 21st January 2009, 08:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP. Glad we were able to help you

Maybe we have met before when I was with Sankar and Jay (redfire). Where you in the last trip they did?

Greenhorn: ? knock knock! Slept off sitting in office?
Old 21st January 2009, 09:43   #7
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
welcome. and that's a nice bullet you've got there
Thanks greenhorn. Are you also based in tvm. May be we can meet up sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfnamic View Post
Welcome... nice writeup...and definitely agree with that maruti 800 owners do get emotionally attached to that car.
hmm most middle class family grow up this way I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Welcome!

800 -> Santro -> Innova. What next?
Let me enjoy my Innova first. May be after 5 years down the line, if my priorities change. I never plan for my cars. But if I feel like its time, then I will waste no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Nice intro. Shows how we all grow in so many different ways. Family, other responsibilities, bikes and cars
Welcome to TBHP dude.
Cheers!
Thanks R2D2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Welcome to TBHP. Glad we were able to help you
Maybe we have met before when I was with Sankar and Jay (redfire). Where you in the last trip they did?

Greenhorn: ? knock knock! Slept off sitting in office?
Yes Jkdas, Safari was very much in list, Hence you were of great help. Unfortunately did not buy that beast because I have to ferry 5/6 passengers on board with luggage. I was not in the last trip. This weekend I am going for RM 09 though
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks