Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 21:34   #1
BHPian

Car addict getting pretty bored in BOM!

Hi all, I'm originally from Bombay but have been living in the US for a little less than a decade. Anyhow, as luck would have it, I'm back in Mumbai for a client project that should be wrapped up before the start of summer.

I'm an active member on Bimmerfest, MINI and Miata forums but sadly, there are very few Indians who are into cars back there. Most desis I know drive either a Camry, Corolla or an Accord sedan. I think one half of Toyota buyers in the U.S. are Indians lol.. Seriously, you guys on TeamBHP deserve a pat on the back for all the enthusiasm amongst forum members.

Anyhoo, I drive a 335i coupe that looks all stock but is tuned to produce 370hp/390 ft-lbs and a Miata convertible that's dedicated to SCCA auto-crossing. The Mazda has truck loads of mods so I won't list them out here. The first car that I bought was a Civic and then quickly moved up to an Accord coupe and later a fully tuned JCW CooperS. The Bimmer shall be up for sale after I head back since I just placed a deposit to secure my number in the order queue at the Porsche stealership for the updated Cayman S that was released a couple of weeks ago.

As you may have figured by now, I'm a die hard car addict and having no cars out here has meant that my condition is worse than a drug addict who can't get his daily fix.

Are there any meets or gathering scheduled for sometime later this month or Feb? I'd love to meet fellow car nuts and probably get some tips on driving locally and modifying cars. I'm pretty good at rwd drifting and the ol' scandinavian flick, so if anyone out there wants to learn a thing or two, I'd be happy to teach.
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:03   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum, Khan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Most desis I know drive either a Camry, Corolla or an Accord sedan.
You wrote:

Quote:
The first car that I bought was a Civic and then quickly moved up to an Accord coupe and
Hahaha! Caught! Everyones gotta start somewhere.

Quote:
Anyhoo, I drive a 335i coupe that looks all stock
Whoa, that twin-turbo 3 liter is a gem! And near zero turbolag with enough torque to move a house? 3 cylinders = 1 turbo.

Quote:
Are there any meets or gathering scheduled for sometime later this month or Feb?
Can't get any better than this. Plus, its for a great cause.

We'd appreciate your stopping by our board rules just once for familiarisation.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks