Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 00:02   #1

Hello from California!

Hi! My name's Christie, I am a motorsports fan and motorcycle racer in California. I found this forum while searching for information about Alisha Abdullah, proclaimed to be India's only and first female motorcycle racer. I write a blog called passedbyachick.com | Like Steve McQueen, All We Need’s a Fast Machine and it's all about women who go fast on bikes! I love women racers and love profiling them on my blog to inspire myself and inspire others.

For cars I have a 2005 BMW 330Ci, convertible, that I've taken to some track days at Infineon Raceway and Thunderhill Raceway. And I love ripping it up in the hills around San Francisco.

I would love to come to India someday - I have made great friends with a few people we've had come work with me at Google who were from Hyderabad and Guragaon.
Old 4th February 2009, 01:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard Christie! Just went through your blog... i like the last line in the About section.... " if anyone steals anything..." ha ha ha! Cheers!
Old 4th February 2009, 02:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard! good to see more lady-auto-enthusiasts joining the forum.
Enjoy.
Old 4th February 2009, 02:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard,Christie!
Do post a few pics of your car.Also, what bike do you ride?

Enjoy your stay here!

Old 4th February 2009, 18:39   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

That is simply the most unique web URL I have seen in a long time. Welcome to Team-BHP, Christie. With that 330Ci, I bet you are as quick on 4 wheels as 2. Alisha is definitely amongst the more famous Indian female racers. However, there are some others who are also very talented. Search around the forum!
Old 4th February 2009, 23:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That is simply the most unique web URL I have seen in a long time. Welcome to Team-BHP, Christie. With that 330Ci, I bet you are as quick on 4 wheels as 2. Alisha is definitely amongst the more famous Indian female racers. However, there are some others who are also very talented. Search around the forum!
Thanks for the tips! Would love to learn more about the other Indian female motorcycle racers, I'll enjoy poking around the site. Here is a photo of my car from Highway 58 between San Luis Obispo and Buttonwillow, California. It's one of the greatest sport driving and sport biking roads I've ever been on. The pavement is smooth and dark, there is hardly any traffic, and the scenery is beautiful.

There are also some fun "whoops" where you can get a little air if you're feeling adventurous. The climate is hot and dry and the rolling hills are covered in buttery yellow grass. As you drop down into the valley of central California, it becomes flat and there are many oil fields. If you ever saw the film "There Will Be Blood" it revolves around the very profitable early days of discovery of these central California oil fields. In the early fall there are also lots of big bugs, and you can see several carcasses on the front of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from California!-58small.jpg  

Old 5th February 2009, 14:48   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Oh, you bet! I have toured a considerable amount in California, gotta love the picture-perfect roads, the weather & fun places to visit. I'll make sure to visit that particular section of highway 58.

See you around the forums.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks