Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2009, 12:05   #1
BHPian

Hello :: Noob but an OHC fan :)

Hey folks,

I've just signed up a while back and its my first stepping into the world of 4 wheels. Reason being i was always a fan of the OHC and after a long wait i finally got a great deal on a Dec 2000 Type II OHC @ 1.7L with only 55000km on the dash and in prime condition shod with Michelin rubbers.

I finally snapped her up and ever since i've just been hell bent on wanting to spice her up little by little.

Needless to say the most obvious links i found all lead to Team BHP and the forums here! So it was a no brainer where i had to look for all the best advice.

That said, im now looking for what to do and where to get what i need. Im based in mumbai so i guess atleast that makes it easy to get what i want.

The transition to 4 wheels though has been secondary to my love for 2 wheelers and i own a P200 (IMHO the best desi bike anyone put out ... yeah i know all of a sudden yammy lovers are everywhere )

Anyways, i hope a lot of you guys here can help me get on the right start to 4wheel magic! and ofcourse guide me on my OHC. I shall be posting pics soon and a new thread on how to keep working on my OHC!

cheers!
Old 22nd February 2009, 13:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on buying your OHC dude, welcome to the club Is it the 1.3, 1.5 exi or VTEC? And as for spicing up, what are you thinking of? Performance or bling? Make a thread here: Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports - Team-BHP and post your pics and requirements.

Oh, and welcome to Team BHP, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here

Edit: Ah just read your profile, it's a 1.3 Exi. Congrats!

Last edited by pranavt : 22nd February 2009 at 13:21.
Old 22nd February 2009, 14:26   #3
BHPian

thanks!

its a 1.3 Exi.

As of now i intend to make it a project to start with i wanna get the easy bits done first and then onto the inner workings as i read and understand them more.

Right now the top 2 on my list of to-do's are
1. Rear Spoiler - as it didnt come with it. So i need to figure out where i can get the rear spoiler with the stoplight.
2. Side skirts. - not the over the top ones, but the ones which are just right.
Old 22nd February 2009, 14:55   #4
BHPian

Welcome Vandit !!
Congrats on your OHC , Its nice that you already learnt some of the abbreviations. You see Honda City was the exact reason for me to stumble Team-bhp
Old 22nd February 2009, 15:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hello Vandit

A warm welcome from one OHC owner to another. The OHC has a big fan following on Team BHP and you will loads of threads on the car out here. Do go through them but before you do, take a detour to the rules section which will help you understand the forum better.

There was also a recent Mumbai meet where there were quite a number of OHCs present . You may want to check that out as well.

Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 22nd February 2009, 17:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude.
Congrats on the OHC.
I have driven one for close to 180k kms.
It is an amazing piece of machine.
Sad i had to part with her.

Do post up pics of the same. and Check out the OHC(highly modded) of Ford Rocam and Viper.
Cheers
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:59   #7
BHPian

Thanks everyone.. yea i will post pics soon.. its a sapphire blue color. I went lookin for spoilers today but the shops were closed.. atleast all the major ones @ Opera House. Any of you guys know where i'd get a spoiler of the same color with the integrated stop light? Or would i have to go to Honda directly?

@ Dippy : saw the meet posting.. unfortunately i was out of town for those days. I really wanted to meet the rest of the HC owners and ask them for the right pointers. Oh well.. till the next one if not the forums :P
@ Abhinav : yea its a great car. I waited long to own one but its great now that i have one
Old 22nd February 2009, 23:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

You'll get the spoiler with the integrated stop light (OEM ones are made by Stanley, look for the marking on the light housing), but probably not in the same color at Opera House. For those, you'll have to look around in Kurla, where you'll find loads of interesting things
Old 22nd February 2009, 23:32   #9
BHPian

Pranav.. any exact directions/references to get them?

the third item just popped into my head... Headlights/lenses/HID.. (which was infact one of the 1st things i wanted to change/improve on it) :P
Old 23rd February 2009, 00:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well, Opera House is where you will get brand new stuff, OEM too.

This place in Kurla is pretty much a chor-bazaar for car parts. You will find stuff at amazing prices. For example, the OEM Stanley headlights cost around 8.5k in the showroom. The guy over there was selling it for around 5.5k, and another deduction of 1.5k if I gave him my old pair. These were brand new. There's this guy called Mohammed Farooq in Kurla who deals in Honda City parts exclusively and will give you some very good deals if you know how to bargain. As for me, my beard gave him the impression that I was a "brother" and got good treatment and less prices, lol

Last edited by pranavt : 23rd February 2009 at 00:59.
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:46   #11
BHPian

hahaha.. cool. all i need to know now is how to get there and where exactly to find Farookhbhai :P
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks