Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:28   #1
BHPian

Hello all

My name is Santosh, live in Bangalore.
I came to know Team-BHP through a friend of mine. We shared a common passion - Automobiles. We even built an amphibious vehicle for our final year Engineering project (you can view our work / project here: Amfy Home Site) Yes, that’s me in August 1998 with the black jacket & yellow stripes.

I joined this forum in May 2008 but never thought of putting up an introduction.

I had always wanted to work in the automobile industry but my life took a different route. Worked in a couple of segments & now work in a BPO in the Automobile & Home Insurance field. (I guess it’s the closest I get to work in something related to automobiles).

I had a 1995 Zen earlier, but the reviews on Team-BHP helped me change my mind from the Octavia 1.9 TDI to the Hyundai Verna CRDI (ABS) which I bought in May 2008 & since then have been enjoying the drive.

I recently saw a black Maserati Quattroporte in Ireland & thought it was one amongst the most beautiful car. The Italians do have a way with automobiles. Having had the opportunity to see almost all makes & models both in Ireland & in Canada, this car looked fast even when it was standing. Sadly I could not go near it or even touch it as I was traveling in a bus. That’s one addition to my dream garage.
The others in my dream garage are the classified as cars which I wish to God I could buy: the raging bull, the Enzo, the Carrera 911, a vintage Mustang & cars which I will surely consider buying in the next 10 years: BMW 5 series or the Mercedes E class or the Audi A4 (Love the LED headlights)

I used to be a big fan of F1 & Schumi, but I lost interest after Schumi left the scene. I still have high regards for Mika Hakinnen (I cannot forget the overtake he pulled off when there were only 4 laps remaining in the 2000 Spa Francorchamps F1 on Schumi), a worthy opponent he was & a champion too. They 2 are my favorites.

So long, safe driving, Cheers!

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd February 2009 at 22:24. Reason: font tags
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:43   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the team, Santosh! Swell intro, how about a review of your Verna CRDi in our LTR section?
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:33   #3
BHPian

Welcome Santosh! Great to have another F1 fan (of Schumi & Mika Hakkinen) join/become active in this forum.

Right timing for you though, we have a t-bhp meet coming up on Saturday, 28-Feb (check the thread in t-bhp meet section). So, do join us if you have time and meet your fellow brethren!

Cheers!
-Nandi.
Old 25th February 2009, 04:05   #4
BHPian

Thanks GTO & Nandi, I will put up my review of my Verna shortly. Nandi, sorry I will not be able to make it for the meet on 28th as I'm still in Ireland & will return in April, will make it to one of the meets then.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks