Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2009, 14:30   #1
BHPian

Hi to all from the UAE

Greetings to all my senior BHPians,
I'm Sunil and I'm new to the Team-BHP community. I was eagerly waiting for the approval all these days and when I got it the next thing I thought was introducing myself to you guys. So let me start off now.
I'm 34yrs young basically from Thane but currently residing and working in the UAE. I have always been very passionate about cars and its speed and dreamt of driving all those speed beauties since I was a kid. I've been following Formula1 races since my college days & worship Micheal Schumacher as the god of car racing.
Also being a Mechanical engineer I'm more inclined towards mechnics and technical aspects of these machines so you would always find me in the technical forums.
I grew up in a middle class family looking at Padminis and 800's dreaming of owning them when I start earning. My job savings earned me my 1st car which was a Maruti800. When my thirst for power intensified I purchased an Armada which was like a battle tank on the road. Later when I migrated to the UAE I purchased a Totoya Echo 1.3 in 2003 which was a pretty decent family car and was best suited to my new married life.
Now I own the LancerEX 2.0 which was launced in 2008 Its one of the best power packed sedan of those I've ever driven. The 2 Litre engine put to its limit on the Sports mode sets my pulse racing. I usually go out for a drive on the rural roads during weekends where the Radars dont catch you to satify my craving for speed. As of now I dared to clock 190kmph on those roads & I was not pushing hard enough. Reason is I love my car & that stops me from getting rough on her. But some day I will & will post you guys when I do that.
Back in India I recently purchased a 2000 Honda City Vtec 1.5EXi from a relative which I was always eyeing to get my hand on & waiting to be offered for sale which I finally got last December it for a Lac. My plans when I go back in May are to upgrade the car to make it a more performance oriented machine. This is when I came across Team-BHP site and started reading the threads since the last 1 month. I went throught many threads in the Modification & Accessories forums and got a very good idea of the mods that I can carry out on my OHC. Since this would be my first experience I look up to you guys to help me out in getting the mods planned so it would help me out executing them during my limited stay in India which would be in this May. Thats all I do & I plan to do with my cars. Looking forward to have a very interactive association with you all.

Best regards,
Sunil
Old 16th March 2009, 04:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Sunilb,

Welcome aboard.

You must be having a good time in the UAE with some awesome cars all around you!

Congrats on getting that OHC - seems like a steal.

cya around,
R
Old 16th March 2009, 20:20   #3
BHPian

Yeah thats true being staying here I've got a chance to see all those awesome cars which I would have just seen them in magazines or heard about them. Seen all of them on the roads just passby you the Ferraris, the Lamborgs the Hummers and the list goes on. The best sight on the roads are during winters when these bike crazy local pull all their Sportz and Cruizer bikes out from their garages and ride in packs from one Emirate to the other.

Do ou really think its a steal Great! I had 2nd thoughts about the price. I'm really very excited of getting the asthetic and the performance mods done on the car as we know this Honda is the best one to do it.
I was thinking if I could grab some accessories performance spares here from Dubai which would also save me some bucks but I'm really not aware as to which ones would give me a price advantage. Suggest me some.
Old 16th March 2009, 20:22   #4
BHPian

Thanks man..

Yeah thats true being staying here I've got a chance to see all those awesome cars which I would have just seen them in magazines or heard about them. Seen all of them on the roads just passby you the Ferraris, the Lamborgs the Hummers and the list goes on. The best sight on the roads are during winters when these bike crazy local pull all their Sportz and Cruizer bikes out from their garages and ride in packs from one Emirate to the other.

Do ou really think its a steal Great! I had 2nd thoughts about the price. I'm really very excited of getting the asthetic and the performance mods done on the car as we know this Honda is the best one to do it.
I was thinking if I could grab some accessories performance spares here from Dubai which would also save me some bucks but I'm really not aware as to which ones would give me a price advantage. Suggest me some.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks