Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 15:28   #1
BHPian

This is Gops- Feel Great to be amongst Auto Lovers

Hi Everybody out there!!

I'm Gops , joined Team BHP last month. I believe that I live and breath automobiles and can strike a conversation with anyone who remotely talks about cars. I have been visiting this site for over 6 months and reading up on the several threads of discussion from buying tyres, to fitting alloys, to the passionate Safari fans.

I drive an Accent GLS ( due for replacement, which is delayed due to recession ). Also own an Alto Lx and have owned a premier padmini and a Maruti 800 in the past. Biking was once a passion and have done some great long distance biking like Bangalore Otty, blr -Kodai on a hero Honda !!. Currently I own an Apache, but no more of highway on bikes.

I have been in love with Safari for 15 years , but I'm a bit apprehensive about buying one having listened to the owners owes in person and on websites. I hope to be cured of this apprehension by you folks. But form Team BHP I concluded one thing; Safari owners are a passionate lot and Safari is not just a vehicle, it is a cult. Correct me if I got it wrong you Safari fans out there!!

My work has given me an opportunity to work closely with Automotive OEMs in India, Mahindra, Tata, GM, Daimler, Maruti, Toyota, Bajaj....I'm really happy to see a site which is dedicated to people simply in love with one of the greatest inventions of man- The Automobile .

Look forward to sharing a lot of interesting subjects . I'm based in Bangalore.

Cheers
Gops
Old 10th March 2009, 15:32   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Gpos,

Welcome to T-BHP. Bangalore has very high number of active BHPians and we meet pretty regularly. So join us on of these days.

BTW, do have a quick look at the rules section to know this place better.

Enjoy your stay here mate.

Quote:
.. But form Team BHP I concluded one thing; Safari owners are a passionate lot and Safari is not just a vehicle, it is a cult.
Good. At least you concluded something. We are still in the 'sense making' process :-)

Cheers,

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th March 2009 at 15:33.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops2009 View Post

I have been in love with Safari for 15 years , but I'm a bit apprehensive about buying one having listened to the owners owes in person and on websites. I hope to be cured of this apprehension by you folks. But form Team BHP I concluded one thing; Safari owners are a passionate lot and Safari is not just a vehicle, it is a cult. Correct me if I got it wrong you Safari fans out there!!
Gops welcome to the Forum and as you said Safari owners are passionate and it is not just a vehicle, it is like riding your dreams.

Please go through the below mentioned thread and you will know how passionate Safari owners are including me -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...re-please.html

After reading the above thread you will feel happy and you will make your dreams come true. If you want any details on the Safari put on the above mentioned thread and you will get the full correct details.

I hope your introduction thread does not become Safari bashing thread, which is quiet possible as soon as the non Safari owners see the Safari word on any of the threads .

Enjoy your stay here and keep posting your experience with your ride's and do let us know about your work which is ineteresting to see that you work with many OEM's in automobile industry

Last edited by gowda79 : 10th March 2009 at 17:05.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome sar , we here hate Autos , unless you ment Automobile .
So you also fight day in and out in the bangalore traffic .
Old 10th March 2009, 17:53   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Gops, good to find one more diesel-blooded petrol-head coming aboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gops2009 View Post
...I live and breath automobiles and can strike a conversation with anyone who remotely talks about cars.
That's the problem with us guys at a party/professional/college/school get-together! The others think we're interested in their wheels because we want to assess their station in life - while we actually happen to be less interested in them and more so in their wheels!

Quote:
I have been in love with Safari for 15 years , but I'm a bit apprehensive about buying one having listened to the owners owes in person and on websites. I hope to be cured of this apprehension by you folks.
You and all Safari owners out there, including Tanveer: I actually loved the Safari but hated TML and their service standards/quality control for a long time. Over the last couple of months that I've been trawling T-BHP, I've gradually come around to losing some of my apprehensions - so much so that I'm taking a TD of a Safari VX 4x4 on Thursday afternoon.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 10th March 2009 at 17:54.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks