Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 12:34   #1
BHPian

Hullo Team BHP!

Hi BHPians,
I'm 24 years old, based in Mumbai. I work as a web strategy consultant.

My first car was a Hyundai Santro, but now I drive a Maruti Swift VXi. I enjoy driving it, plus it's easier to park than most other cars. :-) Despite the crazy traffic in Mumbai, I love driving, can't imagine my life without it.

Among other things, I'm an avid reader (favourites- John Le Carre, Vikram Seth), movie buff, and Western classical music enthusiast. Also a big tennis and F1 fan.

Hope to learn more about cars here, and share my limited knowledge as well.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum. That's a pretty diverse and interesting hobbies/interests for a girl ( i assume your one).

I am sure you will have a wonderful time here and this forum is not just about cars/bikes but a one-stop solution for whatever knowledge that you may be seeking.

Do read the rules before taking the plunge into the main forum.

Cheers and have fun !

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th March 2009 at 13:12.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome cargirl ! This is the happening place to be if you want to know anything related to a 'set of wheels' !
Old 30th March 2009, 15:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
Hi BHPians,

My first car was a Hyundai Santro, but now I drive a Maruti Swift VXi. I enjoy driving it, plus it's easier to park than most other cars. :-) Despite the crazy traffic in Mumbai, I love driving, can't imagine my life without it.

Among other things, I'm an avid reader (favourites- John Le Carre, Vikram Seth), movie buff, and Western classical music enthusiast. Also a big tennis and F1 fan.

certainly''' u have joined the team where u can exchange ur interests & get to know more about automobiles form guru's...
Old 30th March 2009, 16:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

OK finally we have a girl on the TeamBHP as it seems great to have you on board and look forward to seeing your posts. Great man we have a girl who can talk cars. One only hears of such things happening in this age or in movies or movies about such things but nice to know we finally have one here. no offence you are girl right? Take care can't wait to tell my wife about this hope this motivates her

Last edited by canonball : 30th March 2009 at 16:05.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

A big F1 fan

Join the league.
Welcome to Team-bhp. Do go through with the rules of the forum and enjoy your stay.
Hope to see pics of your ride
Old 30th March 2009, 16:16   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

That was a nice clean and very readable intro - welcome cargirl, I hope you make many friends at Team-BHP.
Quote:
OK finally we have a girl on the TeamBHP as it seems great to have you on board and look forward to seeing your posts.Great man we have a girl who can talk cars. One only hears of such things happening in this age or in movies or movies about such things but nice to know we finally have one here.
Cannonball we have a few very interesting women who are car enthusiasts as members here. Perhaps you have always assumed from their posts that they are men.

Quote:
no offence you are girl right? Take care can't wait to tell my wife about this hope this motivates her
We would love to have your wife onboard as well. My partner is a member here too.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
Hi BHPians,

Welcome to the Forum CG, Always feels better when there is company.

It would certainly help if you could visit here more often as It wont take more time to get addicted.

You do have varied interests, so you surely will be able to contribute a lot more.

Mansi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Cannonball we have a few very interesting women who are car enthusiasts as members here. Perhaps you have always assumed from their posts that they are men.

We would love to have your wife onboard as well. My partner is a member here too.
. Thanks Sam.
Old 30th March 2009, 18:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hello cargirl

Great to have you aboard. We have a few female members amongst us and very knowledgeable ones at that. You will know more as you post. How about a review on your Ex Santro and you current Swift?

Do take time to go through the rules. They will help you understand the forum better.

Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:41   #10
BHPian

Thanks everyone, for your warm welcomes. :-)

@cannon - I hope I can break some stereotypes, though I have a long way to go!

@dippy- I'm not "very knowledgeable" about cars, though I know my basics. I guess I've come to the right place to learn. Review sounds like a great idea. :-)
Old 31st March 2009, 13:43   #11
BHPian

Hi cargirl,

Nice to see another girl! I joined very recently and had been wondering whether there were many women members on team BHP. So, it's great to read up on everyone's responses to you as well!

msbehave
Old 31st March 2009, 17:21   #12
BHPian

Welcome to the forum cargirl & msbehave, enjoy your stay here. It certainly is great to have the fairer sex participating more in the automotive domain, now if only I could convince my partner to do the same

Do take a moment to familiarise yourself with the board rules.

Happy Motoring !
Old 31st March 2009, 17:31   #13
BHPian

Welcome onboard cargirl!

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 31st March 2009, 17:45   #14
BHPian

As dippy mentioned, there are a few of us here,Bhargavi, Jenny who are online on daily/weekly basis though you wont see lot of contributions but we do make our presence felt at the right places. After all we get to learn a lot of new things here.

Welcome Msbehave.

Mansi
Old 31st March 2009, 18:14   #15
BHPian

Welcome aboard. Nice handle. You certainly have some interesting, though limited, company in other women members.
There's no chance of the wife being a member here. Her interest in cars is limited to quizzing me when something goes wrong with her Alto. Thanks to her, I have gained immense knowledge about what can go wrong with a small car
On the other hand, she liked the T-Bhp stickers a lot and now sports 2 of them on her car.

OT: I think i know who you are. Just TOO many similarities to be someone else!

Last edited by vikram18 : 31st March 2009 at 18:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks