Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 12:17   #1
BHPian

narayanang76 - OLD / NEW member

Hello Everyone,
I am a registered TBHP user from January 2006 (now it is 3 years and a quarter) and all these days I have been a silent participant, a reader with love for vehicles with HP (just power). Also to qualify myself - I am just a beginner and would be following many of you experts here in technical aspects.

I recently saw a post of '3years with Team BHP' made me feel like I should introduce myself!

My name is Narayanan, I work with Infosys Tech Bangalore, I have been working in Bangalore for last 10 years. I am basically from Kerala. I am married and we are just in the journey towards next step of our being together! I have my younger bro in Bangalore, who is also married and he is also a TBHP member, reader and follower.

I feel the love for vehicles (whatever they are) were there from my child hood, the first tricycle had delighted me and I ride it till it broke apart. I had got a cycle as a gift from my grandmother for scoring good marks in the 10th exam, I used to ride that for 10s of kms daily, and have maintained it excellently and I gave it off to my cousins when I moved out for higher studies. memories of that still remains within me.

My father is a vehicle enthusiast, I have seen the bikes and cars he used to drive and bring home (friend's of course). We still have a RX 100 in my place in Kerala that is still in its great shape (we want to sell that because he cant ride that now due to poor eye sight).

My first purchase of a vehicle of my own was in 2001, Hero Honda passion (still have it with my brother). Then in 2003 I upgraded myself to the CBZ and I have enjoyed that thoroughly. The power, the breaking capabilities and the control of that bike was amazing at that point of time. All these were when I was being a bachelor and I could do with those. After getting married I had to go for a 4 wheeler and I had made up my mind to go for a Maruti Zen which I possessed from 2005. Didnt even know driving when I got my car, learnt driving immediately and the first few days were difficult in Bangalore, but learnt the tricks of the trade 'driving in bangalore'. Most of the driving my ZEN was my long drives to Kerala and Mysore. Till now I might have done some 10 trips to kerala and 3 trips to mysore. Due to my back pain the doc has adviced me to get rid of CBZ and I went for an activa - which I use for 'short trips' in bangalore to buy groceries etc.
Currently I am possessing the 2 - Honda Activa 2008 model and a Maruti Zen 2001 model. ( I know some of you would ask for pics, as I have seen in other threads, and here it goes - my ride). I am just waiting for my chance to make my 'Garage' by following forum rules - know what I mean?

Why / How TBHP
I have registered myself to TBHP in Jan 2006 and have just been a reader and silent participant. While looking for solutions to problems, advice etc TBHP was a mere one-stop-shop for it.

TBHP has helped me in understanding technical aspects of everything including pete's box, kene kit, ffe, hybrids, how to maintain the vehicle, test drive reports, scoop pics, garages, our immortal disputes on 'safari vs scorpio', 'what is that sound', long term ownership reviews, vehicle pics, modification threads, Skoda instigation - my god I dont remember everything!

I want to mention this - I personally met Khan_Sultan (Shahnawas) - Moderator TBHP while I was taking my brother's car after service from there, he was doing his Gypsy overhaul and was getting ready for more tougher off-roading. Shan sir, if you are seeing this, it is just a 'HI'.

I found solution from TBHP for:
1. Finding a reliable car service centre for my car (found Suraksha car care infact through TBHP). Suraksha care is a place if you tell that you are from TBHP you get the service done better compared to other places, I hate Bimal Auto in Bangalore
2.Found the problem and solution for the sound I was getting from my zen's hood in the mornings while start up. I didnt have to go to mechanic to find out what it was, the TBHP thread gave me the answer and I went to Suraksha asking them what to do.
3. Car cleaning tips and trades from our TBJP thread on how to maintain the car
4. Understanding how the TBHP stickers looked good on all other cars
5. getting and understanding the first hand reviews and experience of owning vehicles such as scorpio, safari, marutis, hyundais and others (would help me when I will decide on my scorpio in near future - when this recession would end?).
etc, etc

Well! TBHPians, it is a hell lot of info in here for starters, enthusiasts, experts, vehicle manufacturers and marketing and future generation. TBHP - Way to go and thank you for providing this forum!

Cheers,
narayanang76
Attached Thumbnails
narayanang76 - OLD / NEW member-img_0085.jpg  

Old 13th April 2009, 18:10   #2
BHPian

Welcome Naru! Great to see you here and have a long stint!

Now that reminds me of my age in TBHP and of my non-existant official intro!

Last edited by menonrajesh : 13th April 2009 at 18:16.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:25   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Such an awesome write-up, and you took three years to come around! Well, better late than never. Welcome aboard Narayanang.

You've probably seen enough warnings & infractions in your 3 year stay , yet we'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our forum policies announcement. Hope to see you as a consistent poster now.
Old 14th April 2009, 13:27   #4
BHPian

menon - thank you! you say you are v v busy with work and see what you are doing in TBHP?

GTO - thanks for that and for the response and yes have seen those msgs and I understand. will do.

Cheers! narayanang76
Old 14th April 2009, 14:30   #5
Team-BHP Support

Just to add some more to Narayanan's write-up, the brother about whom he has posted is actually my colleague at work, and he sits just beside me. We have reguilar discussions on happenings on the forum, and i also forward him links to some of the important threads here.

I got to know Narayanan through his bro (Vijay), and came to know that he is registered here, but wasnt active till now.

@Narayanang76 : Good to see you here, and becoming active as well. Looking forward to your continued contribution and interaction both on and off the forum.
Old 14th April 2009, 14:38   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Narayanan. Good to see you around and it was a pleasure meeting you @ Suraksha (On Saturday's, there is a > 80% chance that I will be at Suraksha ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
... You've probably seen enough warnings & infractions in your 3 year stay , yet we'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our forum policies announcement. Hope to see you as a consistent poster now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
menon - thank you! you say you are v v busy with work and see what you are doing in TBHP?

GTO - thanks for that and for the response and yes have seen those msgs and I understand. will do.
mmmmm. Do read the rules again man -- just once more and you should be fine
Old 14th April 2009, 15:09   #7
BHPian

khan sir, yea I knew that and I hit the button too quickly, and somehow I could not edit it (?) and tried to search my post to edit, but in vain. And had to leave it for some one to find out and tell me!

Sorry about that wnd will take care in future!

And yes I was there in Suraksha last Saturday, not sure if you were there! I was with Lokesh and he was taking care of my ride!

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Just to add some more to Narayanan's write-up, the brother about whom he has posted is actually my colleague at work, and he sits just beside me. We have reguilar discussions on happenings on the forum, and i also forward him links to some of the important threads here.

I got to know Narayanan through his bro (Vijay), and came to know that he is registered here, but wasnt active till now.

@Narayanang76 : Good to see you here, and becoming active as well. Looking forward to your continued contribution and interaction both on and off the forum.
Thanks Benson, and for the welcome! Cya

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th April 2009 at 15:19. Reason: back to back posts
Old 14th April 2009, 15:24   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... I was there in Suraksha last Saturday, not sure if you were there! ...
I was there in the morning. This time I spent just 1 hour there in the morning to get things checked and pick up a dozen t-case beading/mounts.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:45   #9
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. (Do I have to say that? You've been here all the while)

I used to work at Infy a couple of years earlier. CSPD. What about you?
Old 14th April 2009, 16:55   #10
BHPian

thanks for that wheeler.

same here now its name chaned CME, where bangalore? details please?
Old 14th April 2009, 17:20   #11
BHPian

Hey welcome to Team-BHP! Though late but you are at the right place now!!
Old 14th April 2009, 17:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I recently saw a post of '3years with Team BHP' made me feel like I should introduce myself!
That is me . Re-Welcome aboard Narayanan.
Old 14th April 2009, 23:26   #13
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for that wheeler.

same here now its name chaned CME, where bangalore? details please?
Used to be in Ground floor of building 34. Not in Bangalore anymore. Took a large leap out of India. In the motherland of all mallus currently.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:02   #14
BHPian

@ khan sirjee - I am planning a re-visit to suraksha this week end. I will definitely ask Lokesh if you are around, lets see our timings coincides.

@ T Girl - thank you for the wecome

@ Malgudi - yes that was the inspiration and thank you as well

@ wheeler - that was pretty close! me at building 34 Ground Floor as well, thnking do we know each other, I think so (my full name is narayanan gopinathan). yours? which year you were in B 34?
Old 15th April 2009, 11:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
@ wheeler - that was pretty close! me at building 34 Ground Floor as well, thnking do we know each other, I think so (my full name is narayanan gopinathan). yours? which year you were in B 34?
Not able to place you. My name's Vinayak Menon. Used to be in Sales tools team managed by Sachin Unni. Was there from 2004 to mid 2007. Still have quite a few of my old team mates in the same team.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks