Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 17:30   #1
BHPian

Finally a member!

Hola senors ( And Senorita's. My apologies, haven’t seen any lurking around these corners)

Ahem, so then after lurking around for what seems like ages I FINALLY registered. The fingers twitched and wanted to write, but what can I do, I am lazy. Period!

Here I am though, Delhi-ite, yet to figure out if am young or old, Chartered Accountant by profession ( *poof* the glam just went away, right?) and quite a random person by habit.

Been an addict (to motoring, what were you thinking?) ever since I can recall, my earliest toy was a car apparently! Grew up reading old imported editions of all auto magazines I could lay my tiny little hands on ( and afford) drove the family Padmini with my dad, wrecked Two 800's, fell in love with my Grandfathers beetle, had a Countach poster on my room wall, then came along an NSX, a 911 Carerra and so on.

The wall lies bare now, for I have apparently outgrown posters (see above) the heart however still remains the same.

Hope to make some useful contributions here,
Cheers
Pradster
Old 16th April 2009, 17:58   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the forum mate. I'm sure you'll enjoy ur time here. It's a motorist's heaven. See you around.
Old 16th April 2009, 18:16   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard mate.

Hope you have a nice stay here with all of us
Old 16th April 2009, 18:48   #4
BHPian

welcome pradster,

nice intro there. Enjoy your stay here. Dont forget to go through the forum rules. Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ
Old 16th April 2009, 20:42   #5
BHPian

Many thanks Wheeler, Bubby and Leadf00t! As I mentioned I have been lurking around in the shadows for a bit. Thought I'll join in the car-nage
@ leadf00t : read the rules, its done and dusted buddy!
Old 20th April 2009, 05:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the madhouse Pallav, took some time to register eh!

Have fun!
Old 20th April 2009, 11:09   #7
BHPian

Thanks Ishan! I got lucky on my third attempt at registeration, the first two were rejected

Hope you are having fun stateside!
Old 21st April 2009, 14:27   #8
BHPian

Hi Pallav,

An intresting Intro & unique writing sytle.

BTW what do you drive now?
Old 21st April 2009, 16:44   #9
BHPian

Hi Sam, and welcome aboard the gravy train! Muchas gracias for the complimentos
My daily commute is my trusted Alto, while my weekend trip/club ferry is an ANHC. Sometimes I can be seen driving a FIAT Palio 1.2.
My palio is in the need of a new coat of paint, I am thinking of some body mods as well before she goes under the spray. Lets see how it goes!
Cheers!
Old 1st May 2009, 15:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
Hi Sam, and welcome aboard the gravy train! Muchas gracias for the complimentos
My daily commute is my trusted Alto, while my weekend trip/club ferry is an ANHC. Sometimes I can be seen driving a FIAT Palio 1.2.
My palio is in the need of a new coat of paint, I am thinking of some body mods as well before she goes under the spray. Lets see how it goes!
Cheers!
Just one quick question how do you manage to change your driving style from an Alto to a ANHC.

Old 1st May 2009, 16:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Just one quick question how do you manage to change your driving style from an Alto to a ANHC.

I dont think I got the question quite right, but i will attempt an answer anyway.
While the alto is rev-happy and quite happy to be pushed around, the ANHC does feel very very nervous and fidgety. I might risk murder by members of the Honda death squad here, but I will say it anyway, in delhi traffic the alto is way more fun to drive than a honda city!
As it is when I drive the city I cant be as carefree as I am in the alto, thats takes half the fun away. there are a million other factors i can list down here.
p.s. Of all the cars I have owned, nothing beats the sound of a revving Palio engine!
Old 4th May 2009, 11:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
I dont think I got the question quite right, but i will attempt an answer anyway.
While the alto is rev-happy and quite happy to be pushed around, the ANHC does feel very very nervous and fidgety. I might risk murder by members of the Honda death squad here, but I will say it anyway, in delhi traffic the alto is way more fun to drive than a honda city!
As it is when I drive the city I cant be as carefree as I am in the alto, thats takes half the fun away. there are a million other factors i can list down here.
p.s. Of all the cars I have owned, nothing beats the sound of a revving Palio engine!
Yes Thats exactly what my question was. Two very different cars & a sudden swtich must make you feel a little uncomfortable, just the same way as I have Esteem & Scorpio but I prefer Scorpio & now seldom drive Esteem. Swtiching over is way too different. Different clutch Different Steering .. pickup power everything
Old 4th May 2009, 11:35   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually that should not be a major challenge. For example, I drive GV, Jeep and automatic Santro, almost everyday. I barely notice the difference these days.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Thats exactly what my question was. =
And I would not drive anything but the alto to work. you see I work in Nehru Place and leaving cars unsupervised in there is an absolute no-no!
My car has already been dinged thrice in my absence, and I dare not take any new wheels to that hell hole.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:42   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Actually that should not be a major challenge. For example, I drive GV, Jeep and automatic Santro, almost everyday. I barely notice the difference these days.
Apologies for my ignorance, but what is a GV?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks