Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:16   #1
BHPian

Life is a Journey. Lets Make it Cinematic by Journeying within that Journey

Hello Fellow Patrons!

My Real Name: Tirthankar Basu. I am a Bengali with a Delhiite's Heart living in Kolkata at present. I am not a doctor, engineer, IT-techie, lawyer, CA, Banker or Historian. I am working in the Real Estate Industry.

The first thing I do in the morning is 'www.google.com'

Apart from Automobiles, touring, photographing, 'loud music', I am a tech and a gadget freak. I watch discovery channel and NatGeo a lot and things like 'infrasound', 'teleportation', 'tele-psychics', as I believe they affect me in real life.

I got introduced to TBHP through my Mom's > cousin sister's > Late Husband's > Ex-Business Partner (who else but HVKumar).

Most of my activity in TBHP is in the Travelogues Section - called 'DRIVOBLOGS'.

My typing speed is very bad, so I post entertaining captioned photos on my threads to tell the stories. - "meri kahani, jpegs ki zubaani". I realised that within seconds after clicking a photo, the caption gets created in my mind and Its a burden to retain them in my memory till I download the files into my laptop.

Having lived in Delhi (15yrs) and Kolkata (11yrs), I have evolved some peculiar habits in driving, which attracts a lot of debates on TBHP. I am taking the liberty of listing some of them:
  • I generally allow other vehicles to overtake (as I always get to catch up with them at the next red-light)
  • I expect jaywalkers to be more unpredictable than 'stray animals'.
  • I am a defensive driver - I prefer to cruise rather than race.
  • I envy Long distance Volvo Drivers a lot (so like to drive Non-Stop)
  • I cannot drive without Hi-Volt Music (at full blast) as they provide the theatrical experience.
  • I Can't Drive with Door Mirrors open (they create certain blind spots) as I have been driving without them since 1990.
  • I don't carry maps and generally donot use navigation equipment (as all roads lead somewhere)
  • My right foot is always on the brake pedal (not touching) at any moment that it is not on the accelerator.
  • I prefer not to talk on the phone while driving, but If I ever have to I use hands free, only to realise that at the end of the call, I have been teleported elsewhere with the vehicle.
  • I get crazy Hallucinations during overnight drives (I discovered this is genetic) Possibly the primitive brain takes over the driving and the posterior brain watches those Ghostly Movies.
  • I prefer driving in the nights as during that time, the primitive brain is most active. The primitive brain is the one which directs you basic instincts and it helps the most in - safety and survival.
  • One more reason I do night driving is to 'save the day'
  • I generally cannot drive properly with a vehicle crammed with passengers. Their endless Conversations distract me and impair my judgement. If I still have to, then I request them to follow 'moan wrath'
I am a travel freak because:
  • Certain Places attract me due to the Historical Eminence.
  • Indian Peninsula is the most unique place in the world with diversity occuring every 200kms or so.
  • Travelling gives me a crash course in Geography (I was never good at it in school)
I am ready for traveling most of the times as I carry a Travel Strolley which contains my survival kit: Laptop, Camera, Chargers, Flash Drives, Keys, Credit Cards, ID Proof, Medicines, Nailcutter. Only 2 sets of clothes needs to be thrown in before taking off.

Thank you for your time.

Team BHP is the best thing to happen after the Indian Automobile Revolution way back in the early 90s'.

My only message to Fellow Members is:

"Do whatever crazy your resources permit, BUT Donot Overspeed just for the heck of it"
Old 24th April 2009, 01:50   #2
adc
Senior - BHPian

Great intro BT. Let the next Drivoblog be of N Bengal, NH34 on an overnight journey will be good.
Old 24th April 2009, 07:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Great intro BT. Let the next Drivoblog be of N Bengal, NH34 on an overnight journey will be good.
Thanks. There are pioneers like you, tsk1979 and HVK. And there are followers like me who desire to do 'express' trips on those routes.
Old 24th April 2009, 08:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

you get hallucinations while driving !!!! Is that safe???
Old 24th April 2009, 09:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Basu,

That was a great introduction. Much more interesting than your Photoblogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post

My only message to Fellow Members is:

"Do whatever crazy your resources permit, BUT Donot Overspeed just for the heck of it"
Old 24th April 2009, 13:11   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Pretty late for an intro, but a nice one nevertheless. Welcome (again), Btirthankar!
Old 24th April 2009, 13:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Atlast Mr Btirthankar has written without pictures. Very nice and crisp intro there. Read about your hallucination part where you explained them in great detail.

Looking forward to your pic o blogs which are a delight as always as someday i hope to follow what you guys do. Travel for the fun sake of it

Cheers
Maddy
Old 24th April 2009, 13:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

An Introduction from an old timer!!

By the way - One of the best that I've come across on this thread
Old 24th April 2009, 13:55   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome Mr. T Basu & enjoy your stay here.

Please do have a look at the Rules & Announcements (if you haven't already done so) section before posting.

Cheers,
Old 24th April 2009, 14:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

hi basu,
nice introduction.
please go through rules section before posting anything further.
i hope, you will keep posting your photoblogs with nice captions.
best luck.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:49   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Pretty late for an intro, but a nice one nevertheless. Welcome (again), Btirthankar!
Believe me, I never noticed this section till lately. As you know it had been T(ravel)-BHP all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hey Basu,That was a great introduction. Much more interesting than your Photoblogs!
Thanks. This thing took a lot of time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
you get hallucinations while driving
:X

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
written without pictures.
Ha Ha, I too realised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
An Introduction from an old timer!!

By the way - One of the best that I've come across on this thread
I am overwhelmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Welcome Mr. T Basu & enjoy your stay here.

Please do have a look at the Rules & Announcements (if you haven't already done so) section before posting.

Cheers,
I actually did read the 'Instruction Manual' before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
i hope, you will keep posting your photoblogs with nice captions. best luck.
Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks