Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:04   #1

Hello All

Hello Guys.

This is Jennings from Bangalore. Team BHP has always been a source of knowledge for me and I look up to the BHPians for those rare tips and tricks that you don't find in the car mags.

I'm a writer by profession and an Engineer by education. I like going on long rides. Though I have hardly done 6K Kms on my 2 year Xeta, I have gone long on my Apache 150. The longest I rode on my Apache was from Bangalore to Trichy non-stop for 8 hours. When I reached Trichy, my posterior malfunctioned. But that was never a deterrent. Instead I started liking my car.

While I love driving, I feel equally responsible behind the wheel when I have people in my car. So most often I don't go beyond the speed threshold at any time. I always remember that one time when I thought I was dead on the Salem highway when I overtook a slow moving lorry to find a private bus heading towards me on full steam. That was the day when I realized that if you are married, you need to divorce speed. It is quite applicable to everybody.

I'm looking forward to spend my time learning and living with you BHPians. You make motoring look fun!
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats an interesting introduction - Welcome to Team BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidpriest View Post
I'm a writer by profession and an Engineer by education.
Interesting switch of profession...or are you a technical writer?

Quote:
The longest I rode on my Apache was from Bangalore to Trichy non-stop for 8 hours. When I reached Trichy, my posterior malfunctioned.
So did you get your exhaust repaired, or are you on Free Flow?

Quote:
That was the day when I realized that if you are married, you need to divorce speed. It is quite applicable to everybody.
Please dont say such things publicly. My wife checks the forums occasionally and I dont want her to get ideas.

Quote:
You make motoring look fun!
We dont make it fun - it comes in that mode as OE, direct from the maker. We just help ourselves to a little bit more of fun than other mortals.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:47   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Thats an interesting introduction - Welcome to Team BHP.
Interesting switch of profession...or are you a technical writer?
Yes. i started my career in writing. I was writing for some Mumbai based computer journals like Chip and Digit. Then moved into technical writing and never looked back. Technical writing being a non-stressful job, I spend most of the time on my other interests including traveling.

Quote:
So did you get your exhaust repaired, or are you on Free Flow?
Ha ha. Yes. But now I make it a point to take a break every 2 hours on long rides.

Quote:
Please dont say such things publicly. My wife checks the forums occasionally and I dont want her to get ideas.
Yeah. I know. You'll be fine. I'm still learning.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:48   #4
BHPian

Hi Jennings. Welcome to Team-bhp.

Quote:
.................The longest I rode on my Apache was from Bangalore to Trichy non-stop for 8 hours. When I reached Trichy, my posterior malfunctioned........
I know the feeling. I once rode my bike from Bangalore to Chennai. And that was with reasonable breaks.

Quote:
.................But that was never a deterrent.........
A true enthusiast.

Have fun on the forum.
Old 24th April 2009, 01:27   #5
BHPian

There is nothing better than a long drive. The longest I drove was in my 2001 Mercedes C240 about 1400 miles straight through. Long driving for the win! Welcome friend!
Old 24th April 2009, 11:04   #6
BHPian

Hi Jennings welcome to Team-BHP!! I am sure you will have a good tome here.BTW nice note.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:08   #7
BHPian

Hey Frank, at last you made up your mind and registered.
Welcome buddy, enjoy your stay here.
Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks