Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 14:33   #1
BHPian

Hi all

I stumbled across the Team-BHP site while searching for info on cars. I've been reading the forums and advice for quite a while and finally decided it would make sense to become a member.

I'm about to turn 43, have been driving since 18 - would've been much earlier if my parents hadn't been so strict - and have driven all kinds of vehicles in all kinds of places, basically anything I could get my hands on.

The cars I own are a VW Beetle and a Maruti Gypsy King that's now about 11 years old and which I've actually just sold. Am looking for a replacement and will be asking for advice in the relevant forum shortly.

I enjoy travelling and most of my holidays involve quite a lot of driving. Am working freelance so that does give me time to get away every now and then.

Look forward to being here.

onlinestuffa
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Onlinestuffa,

Welcome to the team. The Beetle is one fantastic car to have in the garage.
Please do post some pics and an ownership experience for us.

Wish you a wonderful time here.

Cheers
Old 2nd May 2009, 18:13   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The cars I own are a VW Beetle and a Maruti Gypsy King
Fantastic choice of wheels! Too bad you sold the Gypsy. You're going to feel even worse once you check out all the OTR action taking place across the country.

Welcome to the team. Do take a quick pitstop by our board rules section.
Old 2nd May 2009, 18:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinestuffa View Post
Hi all

I stumbled across the Team-BHP site while searching for info on cars. I've been reading the forums and advice for quite a while and finally decided it would make sense to become a member.

I'm about to turn 43, have been driving since 18 - would've been much earlier if my parents hadn't been so strict - and have driven all kinds of vehicles in all kinds of places, basically anything I could get my hands on.

The cars I own are a VW Beetle and a Maruti Gypsy King that's now about 11 years old and which I've actually just sold. Am looking for a replacement and will be asking for advice in the relevant forum shortly.

I enjoy travelling and most of my holidays involve quite a lot of driving. Am working freelance so that does give me time to get away every now and then.

Look forward to being here.

onlinestuffa
Welcome to the forum onlinestuffa.

Your parents did the right thing. It was fashionable earlier and sadly even now amongst some parents to let children take the vehicle out unsupervised &alone. That has been the cause of so many accidents and heartaches which were realised when it was too late. I feel your parents did the right thing by abiding to the law and i salute them.

I would request you to kindly share pics of your rides for all of us to see.

Enjoy your stay on board.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hi Onlinestuffa,

Welcome to the team. The Beetle is one fantastic car to have in the garage.
Please do post some pics and an ownership experience for us.

Wish you a wonderful time here.

Cheers
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Will take some time to post pics of the Beetle as it is in a bit of a sorry condition right now. It was our only family car for years and years and was fine when it was running (though with its share of problems of course) but for various reasons it stood for a while, which didn't do it any good, and then it remained standing as I didn't have time to get it fixed. Fixing it and getting a paint job is one of the most important things on my agenda right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Fantastic choice of wheels! Too bad you sold the Gypsy. You're going to feel even worse once you check out all the OTR action taking place across the country.
Am already feeling bad as I can't even think of which vehicle to replace it with. I didn't have to think when I bought the Gypsy 11 years ago, it was just the only car in the market for me and fitted my budget. But now none of the other vehicles attracts me the same way, or rather I don't have the cash for the really attractive ones, and the rest each somehow have some issue or other.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:29   #6
BHPian

Welcome Dear,

I sincerely feel you will have a nice time here as I have become totally addicted since I joined.

However something which can come in close quarters with Gypsy is now a Scorpio. though this is not the right place to give advise but could not stop myself.

Also will await for the pics of VW Beetle. Welcome again
Old 4th May 2009, 19:13   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
However something which can come in close quarters with Gypsy is now a Scorpio. though this is not the right place to give advise but could not stop myself.
Thanks, have considered that too, though am not totally convinced. Am also strongly considering the Gurkha (rhandle very kindly let me take a ride in his), though find it slightly small for my requirements.

Have read all the posts on Gurkha, lots on Gypsy, Safari, Scorpio and Xenon - basically all the 4wd - and personally checked out Scorpio, Gurkha, Bolero and Xenon but still can't decide
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks