Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 23:38   #1

Greetings from Melbourne

Hello Everyone!

I'm Djhealey and am a student of communicationa and media in Melbourne, Australia. Even though I'm originally from Mumbai, I like to consider myself a car fanatic no matter where I am or what time of the day it is. I have about two years remaining for my course to get done after which I intend on returning to Mumbai and getting a crash course in vintage car and motorcycle restoration from my Dad. VIntage cars are my resolve for success and reason for life and I want to learn so I can assist Dad in taking care of his "stable of valiant steeds".

Some of which have entered and won in various prestigious rallies within Maharashtra.

As of now I'm driving a 1991 Midnight blue Honda Accord 2.4 litre engine, manual and four wheel steering and front wheel drive.

I used to drive a modified 2003 Maruti Gypsy King 4WD, which my Dad sold off after I left for Melbourne. Bummer.

But he's kept aside a Morris Minor for my use when I'm back so yay!

I look forward to exchanging knowledge and sharing the ecstacy that's involved in owning and working on that dream of machine we call our car.

Cheers!

ps. Aussie roads are awesome! If you want a dream drive come here! and the best part is that you can drive within the state of Victoria with an any license as long as its in english! So no permit problems!
Old 30th April 2009, 23:54   #2
BHPian

welcome mate...hope to see a few photos of the valiant steeds in mumbai and some scenic drives in oz. cya around
Old 1st May 2009, 22:51   #3

Thank you!

Thank you Pranav! There are already some pics posted up of my fave car, though since I'm a newbie here, I'm not too sure if I'm allowed to type links of posts that already exist within the forum. So you could just try searching for the Westland Healey in the vintage car section of the forum. I will also put up pics of the others as soon as I get time off the university assignments.
If you intend on dropping into Oz for a driving vacation across the country do let me know,I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Cheers!
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:16   #4
BHPian

Good to have you on board DJ.

Hope you have a good time.
Old 2nd May 2009, 18:39   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard djhealey,

In the last few days i have seen a handful of new members from OZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhealey View Post
....though since I'm a newbie here, I'm not too sure if I'm allowed to type links of posts that already exist within the forum....
You are welcome to internally cross-link when required (infact we prefer that to duplicating content on the forum!)

Do take a look through the ANNOUNCEMENTS section.

cya around,
R
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:12   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard djhealey,

In the last few days i have seen a handful of new members from OZ!

You are welcome to internally cross-link when required (infact we prefer that to duplicating content on the forum!)

Do take a look through the ANNOUNCEMENTS section.

cya around,
R
Thank you Rehaan for clarifying that and thank you to you Rehaan and KrazyKing for your warm welcome.
As suggested I am pasting the link here for the thread containing pictures of the Westland Healey.

Link-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1041201

I guess the transmigration of Indians to OZ is a sign of people chasing that everlasting dream of smoother roads!

Cheers,
Djhealey.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks