Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 08:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hello Team-BHP

This is Suraj from Coimbatore. A wannabe Jeeper who is scouting around for a MM550XDB (who isn't?). I have been on Team-BHP for over a couple of months now eagerly awaiting to join the band. I have been so addicted to the 4x4 forum now that it's almost like I know everyone there.

Special mention has to be made about Arka (ex670c) who has already been a tremendous help (through Jeepthrills) without even knowing me personally. I am honoured, awestruck to be in the company of such legends like UBS Sir and members like GTO, Samurai (love your travelogues), Sam Kapasi (Yeti Guides), Arka (anything you haven't done to your MM yet?).

I had a 1997 Maruti Gypsy King (carb) but gave it away to a friend , a few years back. Since then off-roading a little in an Indica. My passion is wildlife conservation and fishes. A 4x4 becomes a necessity and thus the MM550XDB an obsession!

Looking forward to being an active member here. Jeepers, here I come!

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th May 2009 at 19:51. Reason: Welcome aboard! Please avoid posting in all italicized text. Thanks.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:15   #2
BHPian

Welcome on board discoverwild!!!

Seems like you already have a great time here and I hope to hear many wildlife stories from you. Wildlife conservation a hobby or your profession?

Enjoy your time!
Old 30th May 2009, 08:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, TheOne®.

Wildlife has been a passion for me since 1998 when I got my first dose of it. I was hooked. So much, that in 2003, I started an NGO working exclusively for wildlife conservation, research and tribal welfare. Had a break of two years due to other commitments and now getting back to it in full swing.

Some call it a hobby, some call it a profession, I call it a life.
Old 30th May 2009, 12:20   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to our community, Suraj. Looks like you know a bunch of us already, uncanny how cars can get absolute strangers together, isn't it? Nice avatar....truly sends the message across. I suggest searching through our archives, ton of information on 550's & everything 4x4.

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our forum policies section just once for familiarisation. I look forward to your "I bought my MM550" thread
Old 30th May 2009, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Thanks, TheOne®.

Wildlife has been a passion for me...

Some call it a hobby, some call it a profession, I call it a life.
Wow, that is awesome. Where exactly are you located and what exactly are you doing? I am a big wildlife fan, been to many places around the world...

How about a little thread about this passion of yours?
I would love to hear more.
Old 30th May 2009, 15:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Welcome.
Nice to see you here. There is an awesome CJB340 for sale in Coonoor, it belong to a punjabi lady who has hardly used it. its a 96 model with the stock wheels which came with the car, even the seat covers, steering covers are all new. I was surprised to see all stock. I guess this can make you JEEPFUL. Its not 4 wheel drive though.
Old 30th May 2009, 16:13   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Suraj, welcome to the madness and addiction. It is also contagious, many of us have spouses who follow T-BHP on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
There is an awesome CJB340 for sale in Coonoor, it belong to a punjabi lady who has hardly used it. its a 96 model with the stock wheels which came with the car, even the seat covers, steering covers are all new. I was surprised to see all stock. I guess this can make you JEEPFUL. Its not 4 wheel drive though.
That's a very strange name, CJB340. If it is indeed 96 model, it should be named CL340.
Old 30th May 2009, 17:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

It is a 96 model. I guess it has to be a CL 340. Not a CJB340.
Old 30th May 2009, 21:03   #9

Quote:
Hi,
Welcome.
Nice to see you here. There is an awesome CJB340 for sale in Coonoor, it belong to a punjabi lady who has hardly used it. its a 96 model with the stock wheels which came with the car, even the seat covers, steering covers are all new. I was surprised to see all stock. I guess this can make you JEEPFUL. Its not 4 wheel drive though.
Hi,

If I need some more details about the jeep CL340, where do I find ? Do you have any idea on the commercial end ? I'm looking for one too but there's always the 'M' factor.

Ashish
Old 1st June 2009, 07:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
How about a little thread about this passion of yours? I would love to hear more.
I run a very small NGO for the Anamalai Tiger Reserve in Tamil Nadu. From the day I visited it in 1998, I have been hooked to the place, so much, that in 2003 we started The DiscoverWild Foundation, which works exclusively here. I have been recording the bird species here and after a two-year break plan to get back to study fishes there.

Quote:
Hi,
Welcome.
Thanks, Beejay. I wouldn't want a CL340 especially a 2-wheel drive, because it wouldn't serve my purpose. There are places where I will be predominantly out in slush, rocky terrain or may do a little fording in the water. I have set my heart out for the MM550 XDB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Welcome Suraj, welcome to the madness and addiction. It is also contagious, many of us have spouses who follow T-BHP on a daily basis.
Thanks, Samurai. My wife is already so addicted to my other hobby, fishes, that she will be doing her PhD on native fishes. I guess it is only a matter of time before Team-BHP enters her world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome to our community, Suraj. Looks like you know a bunch of us already, uncanny how cars can get absolute strangers together, isn't it? Nice avatar....truly sends the message across. I suggest searching through our archives, ton of information on 550's & everything 4x4.

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our forum policies section just once for familiarisation. I look forward to your "I bought my MM550" thread
Thanks for the warm welcome, GTO. I have been through all the pages of every topic on the 4x4 forum. What I can say, I am addicted!

I like the kind of moderation that happens here. Teaches people to treat other people the way they would like to be treated. Tongue twister?

I look forward to that important thread too!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks