Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 03:15   #1

I am a TBHPian finally

I am here. I am finally here. I am pinching myself. The song "Here I Am - Bryan Adams" is playing in the backdrop in my head.

I have always been passionate about fast and powerful cars. My parents are certain they got the wrong girl from hospital crib but I know they are secretly proud of their first born.

My tryst with Team-BHP started barely a month back when I began online research to pick my first car.

I happened to chance upon Team-BHP site and I was intrigued. I started to explore and I was impressed by

a. The fact that everyone here is serious about sharing knowledge and helping novices, car lovers and enthusiasts all alike. I thought this could be a learning ground for me

b. Intelligent / Interesting posts by people who have researched well and knew what they were talking about. If there was incorrect data, then there was also constructive criticism

That tipped the scales for me and I am the new addition to Team BHP fan community.

About Me

Work for an MNC, graduated from writing code to managing client expectations very recently, absolutely love driving playing songs at high volumes.

I picked up a Baleno from another TBHPian on July 9th after test driving a lot of cars. Right from the old Vtec, Lancer, Accent, Corolla, Baleno and Scorpio.

Finally after a lot of thought zeroed in on the Baleno - will post on those experiences shortly]

I am an avid blogger(blog about day to day life incidences), a vocalist and an amateur painter. I love animals and do my bit to help stray and hurt ones.

Here I am........
Old 25th July 2009, 09:28   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Sowmya, welcome. Riju was very impressed with your grasp of things automotive. His was amongst the best maintained cars on the forum and its some consolation that its now under the care of another car fan.

Have a good and long stay on TBhp.
Old 25th July 2009, 09:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Aye there you are Sowmya, welcome home and nice to have you on-board finally.Loads to learn and share here, do keep us posted with your experiences with the baleno.
Old 25th July 2009, 10:15   #4
BHPian

Welcome Sowmya. I too am a newbie and like you, have been "intrigued" by things team-BHP.
Old 25th July 2009, 10:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Sowmya!! Nice to see you on board, I was wondering who took Riju's baleno after reading that emotional goodbye story .But now, it seems the baleno is in safe hands.Cheers!!!
Do post your experiences here with the car. I have started feeling for that baleno too
Old 25th July 2009, 11:23   #6
BHPian

Hi. Welcome to T- BHP. We all look forward to your active participation/contributions on this equal opportunity forum It's wonderful to see more women wanting to join up and contribute.
Old 25th July 2009, 12:30   #7
srinivas9446

hi soumya,

nice to know you. i am also new to this forum, though QUITE OLD going through this forum. As pranav says, its wonderful to know women opening up to the forum and their willingness to contribute.

pls do share your BALENO experience with us. nice to know.

keep in touch

Old 26th July 2009, 00:26   #8
BHPian

So you are the one who made me sad after reading the thread of rjstyles69.Hmm

Anyway welcome aboard and do let us know about the baleno experience.
Old 26th July 2009, 08:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

welcome. good to see another petrol (whatever fuel) head. so you picked up rjstyles' car. that's a showroom spec one. anyway keep revving. now your blog site is t-bhp. enjoyy..
Old 26th July 2009, 10:21   #10

Thank you all for the warm welcome messages

@ theMag: Thank you. I am glad to be in Team BHP. I hope to continue trying to keep the car in as good a condition too. I promise.

@ Riju: Oy my CARMENTOR. Thankoo Thankoo for the welcome. You are wonderful. You are great. You will know why I am buttering you so much when you read the last reply of mine. Be kind to me ... Ha ha ha

@ NutsNBolts: Thank you. Enjoy being intrigued. It opens up new worlds.

@ Fordmanchau: Hi. Thank you. Nice to see you all on board too. I am the villain who drove away the car while he watched on. Please read my message to TBHP in the end

@ pranava999: Hi Pranava. Thank you for the warm welcome. Will defitely strive to be an active participant.

@ Srinivasa9446: Hi Mr. Srinivasa. Thank you for welcoming me. I beleieve you are as old as you think you are. And Old is gold. Will definitely share my driving experiences with all of you.

@ jithudigitised: Guilty as charged on all accounts.

@ kutlee: Yes I am the proud owner of the awesome looking 5197. Will keep revving. Thank you

@ TBHP: I solemnly pledge to love the car and take good care. Please dont hate me for taking the car away from Riju . Badger him instead
Old 26th July 2009, 11:15   #11
JVH
Senior - BHPian

From managing client expectations to managing T-BHP expectations

Riju's Baleno was the best I had seen and I mean live on New BEL road. So, it is very natural for all of us to know what's in store for it.

Welcome onboard and wish you a very pleasant stay!
Old 26th July 2009, 11:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Another addition to the ever increasing female tribe on Team BHP. Its nice to know that the Baleno has gone from one car lover to another. Riju must be at peace knowing its under your care now. Your intro surely points out to you being a true car girl.

Welcome aboard Sownmya and do a look at the Rules section to help you know the working of the forum better.

See you around.
Old 26th July 2009, 12:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sowmya

Welcome to T-BHP, i am sure you will enjoy here

Being "Salesman" for last 5 years, i know that generally, i do not find many ladies in customer facing roles in Technology / Product companies in India. but people like you are increasing. May your tribe increase.
Old 26th July 2009, 12:45   #14
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Sowmya, pleasantly surpised to learn about the new owner of Riju's Baleno in this way.

My former Baleno still haunts the forum even after 2 years in a very different personality. Now it will be Riju's turn to experience the same.

I didn't pass on my Baleno BHP garage to the new owner since I didn't want to hand over the memories. I wonder what Riju did with his lot of Baleno photos, did you inherit any?
Old 26th July 2009, 20:28   #15
srinivas9446

Soumya,

thanks a lot for your kind reply.

well, would you mind removing the extra A from my name..i am quite young.i meant i am quite familiar with this community. I should have made up my mind to join an year back, though i was going through for about an year or so. The guys here are quite great.

whats the distance you have done in your 5197..let us all know about it.

drive safe !

bye

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks