Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 07:08   #1

Hey everybody

Thought id say hello, I registered some time ago on this website but have not had the time to introduce myself...

Anyway my name is Ashfaaq but everyone over here calls me Ashi, I am from the U.K and am studying at University.

This forum is mostly to do with cars so i thought id say some stuff about mine.

I own a 1996 Nissan Almera GTi, 1997cc, SR20DE engined, 150bhp monster, bought her cheap (damaged) and fixed her up myself.... I also had a Nissan Micra 1.3 Super S but thats on axle stands outside my house as rust has eaten here up so im selling her as parts...

The main reason i joined here was to get all the news of motoring in India, as I come over there nearly every year at around December time to see my family... I have a query about shipping my Almera GTi over there or even a rugged 4x4 over for my uncle but have found that its too expensive... the thing i dont get is i can get a perfectly working car for around £200 but it will cost my 15 times as much to ship over to India now thats just not right at all!! Anyway any insight on this topic will me most appreciated..

Pics of my cars:

Almera GTi
Hey everybody-sta60472.jpg

Almera GTi
Hey everybody-sta60473.jpg

Micra Super S
Hey everybody-26012008190.jpg

Tell me what you all think!

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th August 2009 at 19:57. Reason: Images re-uploaded correctly, please see the ANNOUNCEMENTS section on uploading images.
Old 6th August 2009, 21:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

I dont think the Indian customs will accept the value (200 pounds) that you have paid. They might accept a recognised "blue book" value for a used car still spares will be hard to come by. At best some of the more common older cars (Mercedes Benz, etc..) might be a better option just so that spares etc. are easier to get.
Old 7th August 2009, 02:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ashfaq, that's a real sweet engine you get there in your car! But there are problems with importing the car back to India and its neither an easy nor a cheap process. Rather than trying to being the car in, I would suggest you sell it in the UK and buy and start a project car here to fulfill your goals. Getting old cars into India is not really easy and not recommended.

And before I forget, welcome and have fun!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks